Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blocked by depressed friend

lz2020
    They admitted having feelings for me and I did for them too so it was difficult to go on as friends from that point on

Not worth thinking about trying a relationship together?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Did you both decide you couldn’t be in a relationship?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

lz2020
    They were already with someone

I’m puzzled. Originally you said (as I understood it) that this friend had done something to hurt you and then blocked you. If what happened was because you had feelings for each other but they are in a relationship, then surely they didn’t mean to hurt you and if you knew there was no way through this for you, perhaps blocking you was the right thing to do?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

lz2020
    The hurtful bit is that after the admission of feelings they acted on them when they had no intention of changing anything. I know they didn’t mean to hurt me and we did carry on being friends about a month after but it was hard knowing there was more there.

I'm confused too.... So you and this friend told each other that you had feelings for each other, then something happened, then they blocked you because they were in a relationship already? So this is about you being hurt because you had an encounter that wasn't going anywhere because they are with someone else?

lz2020
    Sorry I’m probably not explaining the timeframe of events very well, but I’ll try and put it down in a more understandable way later

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lz2020 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (14-01-21)

Thank you!

lz2020
    I guess it’s hard because my depression started because I was rejected from lots of jobs so I’m quite sensitive to rejection and this, although maybe not intentionally, feels like a rejection.