Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Went for long walks last weekend, including rollerskating. Today (well, yesterday) I didn't go for a walk as it was a bit rainy and windy unfortunately. But was food shopping with my mum as we'll be baking a cake this weekend

Yay for roller skating! Sounds fun
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Roller skating sounds fun! Are you baking a cake for someone's birthday or just for fun!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I loove rollerskating (or skating in general) xx
    The cake is just for fun - chocolate cake, very yummy

Chocolate cake always makes things better
    Sounds like you've had some positives this weekend, which is awesome!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (07-06-21)

It does! Chocolate cake is really yummy
    I did have some positives this weekend, yeah but sadly after a high comes a low. Feeling quite bad again today, lots of intrusive thoughts and just so unhappy and hopeless with everything. Missing my old self a lot today. I wish I could go back in time sometimes... just feeling so unhappy right now and wishing I could just cry

Can you stop the thoughts and change them into positives? Although you may not be doing x you are now doing y? Or although you thought you couldn't cook you are now baking cakes and making dinner for your Mum?

It's hard. The thoughts are so overwhelming and I feel like I need to "solve" things in order to stop them. I could try and distract myself with cooking/baking etc. or just some distraction in general but the thoughts always hit back afterwards..

But the more you're able to make them stop and think something more positive the better. Of course it's hard love, I wish it wasn't, but it really is. But, you CAN do it.

Unfortunately, it’s not an either/or with negative vs positive. But each time you focus on the positives, it becomes a little bit easier. Until, eventually, you find that the positives outweigh the negatives.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.