Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

I was wondering how things were for you. Glad you've posted.

When's your next therapy session? Am I right in thinking they seem to be really spaced out? Are you keeping mood diaries etc?
    Are you not feeling happy at anything?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I definitely get what you mean, Paula. It feels as if I'm looking at myself through a mirror and just don't feel like myself anymore. I do consider meds and definitely wouldn't rule them out. My therapist and everyone else around me just seems to see meds as 'bad' and like talking therapy should be tried first.

@Suzi: It's a bit of an up and down at the moment. Next therapy session is mid June. You mean spaced out as if in not being able to have weekly sessions? If so, yes they're definitely a bit full and 'booked out' unfortunately. I keep daily mood diaries in a small book and took it along to all session so far yet xx
    I don't kbow about the feeling happy bit... Obviously I do enjoy the good weather or a good movie, or a phone call with friends, but it's mike it doesn't 'reach' me. Like I'm not feeling anything, like I lost the feeling to be happy because the lack of joy and self-esteem has become so much and normal

One a month seems a long time to wait between sessions. As if you start talking about something but then having to deal with the consequences of what you've been talking about without support...

It definitely does. It's not always just once a month, it often is twice a month but I definitely get your point. I know that no one gets better overnight but it's still quite tiring

A proper counselling session is exhausting. It's really hard talking about things in your head and then trying to make them make sense and fighting your own demons...

It is. Talking is so hard and I often feel as if my thoughts and issues don't even make sense and are so unnecessary, yet I can't stop thinking about them xx

How has your week been, love?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Did you have a good weekend hun?

My week has been okay overall. Had pretty good weather which is always a good thing
    Still am feeling a bit low though, sometimes it's such an up and down of emotions

What things did you do over the weekend?
    Do you have anything positive planned for this week?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (05-06-21)