Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Can I ask why the appointments are so far apart?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'm not sure if I'm honest. I was told that it's the earliest next possible appointment. To be fair, all therapists I've been to before usually had their appointments in a span of 2-4 weeks too.. it's a bit unfortunate but 2 weeks is definitely better than waiting 4 xx

It is, shame you can't have a weekly session though...

It definitely is. Weekly sessions would be so much more useful, especially as I feel like I'm really struggling again today.

I'm sorry you're struggling. Are you able to get out for a walk or take some photos? Have a nice lunch? Plan something nice to do this evening?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (19-04-21)

Yeah I had a nice lunch and also went for a small walk earlier. Not long but a small walk at least. I feel as if the past week was "Okay" actually - at least compared to how I've been feeling the weeks before. However Saturday night I had a weird dream and then it all came crashing down again to stuff I thought I'm over and that's been bothering me now and I can't let go... I wish I could stop this overthinking and comparing stuff but my mind sadly doesn't leave me alone ._.

Well done for doing little things to be good and positive for you. Okay is good. This isn't going to be a straight forward recovery, some days are going to be better than others - but that's the same whether you have a diagnosed mental health condition or not.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (21-04-21)

That's true.. I just feel so hopeless. I just want this to stop and although I know that therapy and stuff does help, I just haben this horrible feeling that it'll never get better. I think back to happier times but I know that even travelling back to these times wouldn't help as long as there are so many bad thoughts in my head.

Gorgeous girl, I promise you that you will get through this by doing all the positive things you are - try joining in the fab 5 thread on a Friday too. Make yourself stop and look for the positives in your day, what there is around you etc. For example I have a baby magnolia tree in my garden and this is the first year it's flowered and it's stunningly beautiful. That makes me know that not everything is doom and gloom etc...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (22-04-21)

Thank you for these words xx
    It's hard to stay positive when I feel as if nothing brings happiness at all. I'll be doing my best to do the Fab 5 tomorrow though xx
    A baby magnolia tree sounds very lovely!
    I'm glad that the weather is getting better now, the sunny days are easier sometimes but I still find myself being so thoughtful.