Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

You're writing a book? I don't think I picked up on that one before...
    Do you not eat dinner with your Mum very often?

Have you thought any more about looking around at amateur dramatics groups/choirs etc ready for when lockdowns are lifted?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (10-04-21)

Yes I'm writing a book - it's about an author rescuing a former dancer from the streets and helping her getting her life back. Sort of a romance novel xx
    @Suzi: I always have dinner with my mum but we don't cook together every day (I can't cook well) but we do it once or twice a week xx
    Yes I've looked around and saw that a theatre at the town/city I live in, offers it. However they're currently closed due to lockdown so calling them didn't work out sadly.

Can you email them maybe?

Cooking more often makes you a better cook - if it's something you enjoy?
    The book sounds fab!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (11-04-21)

I could try. I haven't seen an email adress yet but I look out for it xx
    I'm actually not a huge fan of cooking though I can make some easy meals like spaghetti etc. xx
    And thank you, that's very lovely xx
    Dreading a bit to go back to a "normal" schedule tomorrow, with my mind being so busy with thoughts constantly I always feel much more stressed during normal days when there's no holidays.

Sorry you're dreading going back to work lovely. You seem so unhappy at work...

I am. Some "good" news. I contacted my therapist yesterday after work because I was feeling so low, and talked a bit about stuff that's been going on. I was told to look into something new (work-wise) and definitely try amateur dramatics as soon as theatres will open again. This work/job isn't for me and the environment makes it worse. Having a lot of worries and doubts today and am so uncertain if I ever will actually have the future I aspire. I'm scared to mess up and ruin things, like I'm always on the run and about to make the wrong move.

You may be scared of the future, but that's OK. We all worry if the next step we take is the "right" one for us... However, there is nothing stopping you from applying for anything you think you like the sound of. Just because you may be offered a job it doesn't mean you have to take it!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (14-04-21),Butterfly (14-04-21)

It sounds to me that your work is making everything harder. If that’s the case, looking at other options can only be a positive
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (14-04-21),Butterfly (14-04-21)

Well done, you are taking a good step in acknowledging that something has to change. Take your time to think about other options and most importantly, try to be kind to yourself. You are allowed to try things and make mistakes. All of us on here are learning more about ourselves and life everyday. It sounds like your therapist is being very supportive too which is great x
    One day at a time ....😃

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (14-04-21),Paula (14-04-21),Suzi (14-04-21)

Thank you everyone xx
    It's actually more like being afraid of making a mistake that will "ruin" the future or will have an impact, meaning I'll never be happy again and will live with thousands of regrets. I think work indeed makes it a bit harder because it always pulls me down even more.
    Sometimes it's just so hard to get through the day