Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

I know Steps! They are awesome... But sometimes when we're looking in, even the struggles look easier than our own. There's nothing wrong with aspirations and dreams love. The problem is when they become something to beat yourself up about.

There's no reason you can't have an amazing career doing what you love. Success doesn't only come in fame.......
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (07-04-21)

@Arty: I'm training to be a legal assistant. It's definitely far from what I want to do and I think that being "stuck" in an Environment I don't want to be part of, contributes to feeling this way too. I'm just a bit scared that if I'd quit, I could end up too depending on others and I don't want to feel like a burden. I definitely want to change my path... it's just like I'm someone who needs to plan everything in Detail even years im advance and that makes decisions very hard xx

@Suzi: Agree, they're fantastic! I think the way my mind forces me to copy my idols or aspire to be exactly like them makes it all very hard. I admire them for stuff they've done but yet I feel like if I don't manage to do the same things, it'll automatically mean unhappiness. It doesn't necessarily needs to mean fame, it could also just mean personal things they've archived; like going to some stuff and being stronger than I'd probabaly ever be. I compare myself A LOT to others and automatically see myself as less worth and less good if I don't archive the same things that others did, especially when it's something brave. It tortures me.

But if it's not fame that you're wanting, then why do you think you aren't as strong as they are? Hunni, you're fighting the thoughts in your head every day - that's pretty hard core if you ask me...

Well I'd love to go into performing but I'm not sure if I'd end up being unhappy forever if I don't manage it. Sad, yes. But not unhappy forever, maybe just having regrets. I think it's more stuff they've done that isn't about their career. But I'm scared to talk about it because it's quite weird and Personal... I've told my mum and she understood it somewhat but also said it's nothing I need to compare myself to others.
    Thank you, Suzi xx I agree that everyone who's fighting with mental health issues is a warrior xx

So do you see yourself as a warrior?

When’s your appointment?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (08-04-21)

I don't know what you're referring to, so can't be specific. But... You will get through this lovely...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (08-04-21)

Thanks for replying to my comment Butterfly. Your therapist should go through everything with you, including your deepest feelings and need to compare yourself to others. The latter is very common, especially when one is feeling low. I guess it is easy for me as a 46 year old person to advise you. I have been through at least 5 years of therapy and I can honestly say it is the best thing to talk through things, without wondering if you are going to upset anyone. In the meantime, just keep talking to us. We have a wealth of experience and will never judge you. Releasing how your feeling really will help x
    One day at a time ....😃

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (08-04-21),Suzi (07-04-21)

I don't know if I see myself as a warrior... I feel like others have it far worse and like I'm not really meant to be seen as strong.
    I think all that comparing myself to others in terms of what others managed and I didn't just makes me have such a deep dislike for myself. I look up to others and hate it at the same time that I'm not like them. It's not easy to talk about things that even sound strange to me and I don't like all these thoughts, they're so uncomfortable..

The appointment is tomorrow xx

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I agree that everyone who's fighting with mental health issues is a warrior xx
    You said it yourself - EVERYONE. So if you agree that’s the case, then you have to agree you’re a warrior.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It's not easy to talk about, but it's really important to love...