Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Google mindfulness and you’ll find plenty of information and help in learning how to meditate - it won’t cost you anything and really helps to focus and calm the mind
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

This is a body scan that my husband finds really useful...

Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thank you for these tips, I'll try them out for certain xx

It all seems pretty hopeless at the moment. I feel like I can't even look at other people anymore... I know this probably is not true but I want what they have. Their strength, their bravery and their life. My life will never be good by any means and even if everyone has hidden struggles, I feel like I can't go on with mine. It seems senseless and like no matter WHAT gets changed or what I do, I will be unhappy; knowing others out there surely did better. It kills me.

That's not true though. You only see one side of things - like FB or instagram posts - what it doesn't show you are the things behind it.. Let me try to explain it a different way.... If I took a picture of me now, face on with a smile.. You would see a happy, smiling person sitting on their sofa . What you wouldn't see are things like my knee brace, crutches, the amount of painkillers and other meds I've taken today. You wouldn't see my coffee table piled high with "stuff" that needs to be sorted, or my husband who's having a crappy time or my son who is struggling with an essay, but is also struggling with going back/staying at home for uni or my daughter who has severe anxiety or my other child who is struggling with their gender identity... Or the piles or washing up or washing that need doing etc...
    People only present to you what they want you to see.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (04-01-21),Paula (04-01-21),Strugglingmum (03-01-21)

That's likely. I'm sorry.
    Obviously anyone has struggles that no one can see on social media etc. I think it's the fact how unhappy I am with myself that makes me thinking others have a better, happier life. Nobody has a 100% happy life. It's funny because I actually know that but can't make my mind shut up about these issues. It's like my brain wants me to think about all the bad things because I don't deserve to feel good ever again.

Hunni, when was the last time you saw your doctor? Have you discussed medication?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You definitely deserve to be happy hunni...

It's been a while since I saw my doctor. I haven't discussed medication yet though I'm considering hypnosis. Has anyone made experiences with it and can recommend it or not? xx

Hunni, I’d see your doctor first just to talk over your options

....And to get a diagnosis....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (04-01-21)