Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Well done for getting that sorted. It’s not surprising, though, that you’re finding things a struggle - it’s a difficult decision to make in making plans to open up your head to a stranger. But, this is a good thing, a necessary thing, and I’m proud of you for making that call!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (18-03-21)

Well done on making that call! That's great that you've done that and sorted your appointment.

Why haven't you been posting if you have been feeling so bad lovely?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (18-03-21)

Yeah it wasn't easy but I'm just glad it's done now and out of my head for a bit. I'm not a big fan of making phone calls when it's not with family or friends.
    I was too low for posting anything if I'm honest. I try to come off my phone a bit to stop myself having bad thoughts and the need of copying etc. but it didn't work out and I feel as if I'm making everything worse each day. I just don't want to go on anymore... if it doesn't stop, then there's no point in fighting anymore. This is no life anymore, it's just torture

This will end and you will be able to be happy again, you have to remember than you didn't get this poorly overnight, so it's not going to get better overnight either. I don't understand why your Dr is just telling you to get therapy if you are telling them how bad things really are. Are you sleeping? Eating? Drinking? Still going for walks?

Things will get better, as Suzi said it doesn't happen overnight and can be a long process but you will get there.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Does your doctor know you’re having thoughts of not wanting to be here? Truthfully??
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm sleeping okay. Sleeping is the only thing that brings some peace at the moment. I also go for walks every now and then...
    My doctor knows about the thoughts of not wanting to be here anymore, I've told him at the first appointment. He said it's a common "side effect" but I should try and find something to hold onto so it keeps me going through the day. He said I also should tell the therapist about that immediately.

He's right, it is important to tell the therapist you go to....
    Can you try to get out for a walk every day? Or do an exercise class online at home? Something similar to that?

I will tell the therapist for certain.. it's not easy to speak about but it's for the better.
    I always go for long walks on weekends too, during school/work days it's small walks every now and then, though not daily. As for exercising, I do a lot of breathing exercises with listening to calming things; specifically in the afternoon

Don't forget you can always write a bullet list?
    Those are great thing to do to help yourself. What about trying something like mindfulness or meditation?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (20-03-21)