Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Definitely talk to your doctor. Things definitely seem to be worse than when you last saw them....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (11-03-21)

I agree with suzi, try and get to see your doctor and tell him how you're feeling, he's there to help and support you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (11-03-21)

I will speak to him, definitely. It's not easy but it's even worse to go on like this. Every day feels like torture and like there's no purpose to go on... time for a good movie today and some relaxing to hopefully ease my mind a bit

Will you call tomorrow to see if you can book an appointment?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Called my doctor earlier and asked him if we could do my appointment sooner, explained him a bit of the situation. He said the soonest he's available is Monday in two weeks (22nd I mean) and that for now he'd recommend going for walks, listening to calming things and definitely contracting a new therapist who might has appointments closer together xx He was very lovely about all xx Next step is contracting the therapist he recommened xx

I thought you had contacted the therapist he recommended? Definitely do it as soon as you can lovely. Well done for calling the Dr and being open and honest with them.

Ah no, I didn't do that yet. He had recommend him to me at thw previous appointment and I planned to contact him but didn't managed it yet. I had written to a different therapist several weeks ago but he never answered. So this new recommend therapist is the one I'll contact next, hoping for the best.
    It's just never easy to make that call even when having some notes.. but I just set it as my goal now

That’s a good plan, love, you’re trying to do this with absolutely no help atm, which will be contributing to the downward spiral....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (18-03-21)

Definitely try to get that call made asap lovely.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (18-03-21)

I made the call. Good news first: the appointment is quite soon, at the start of April. So roughly two more weeks and she said it'll be possible to have them as close together as possible, if not in person then by video call or phone call if I don't want videos.
    Bad news: I'm feeling rubbish mentally. The past few days, despite contacting the Therapist, have been a huge struggle. I know it's a huge step and a good one too but I just feel so overwhelmed, it only get worse and worse and every inch of happiness is fading. Every time I think I'm over something, ut just comes back even worse because my mind can't rest for one second. So much thoughts and so much stuff going on in my head, I keep telling myself it's all not worth to think about but my mind doesn't let me stop