Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Yeah something like that idea... One of our members in the past has put together a crisis box with:
    something in it to listen to - she used audio books as she found them calming,
    something to taste - some special chocolate
    something to touch - a special scarf or piece of material
    something to do - some mandala colouring
    A list of emergency contact numbers too.

It might be something to think about?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (07-03-21)

That sounds great. I remember the method of naming 5 things I can see etc. and that also is a great way of calming down.
    I've tried things like colouring or audio books (Meditation) before too and it's definitely relaxing. The thoughts just don't go away, they're always in the back of my mind and just wait to attack agsin. I really really want this to stop, I can't think straight anymore. I just want something to make it stop

Another technique which can help is that you tell yourself to stop when you think those thoughts. Even if you have to say it out loud....

I'm definitely doing my best to do do, it's just so hard to stop my own mind from having so much thoughts. So much unnecessary thoughts on top of that... It's just getting too much. I feel so so hopeless that this will ever stop again and that there'll ever be a free mind again..

It will stop and you will be free of these thoughts. I hate that you are waiting on therapy, but hold on in there, love, and keep talking - to us, to your mum, to any support lines you can access....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Paula's completely right lovely...

I know... it's just so scary. I do have an appointment with my doctor again at the start of next month to see how things are going. It's just so hard to talk when I know deep down thst my thoughts are unnecessary and that I would feel better if I just stop having thesw thoughts. But they don't disappear, they're bothering me every second of the day.
    I had a rubbish night of sleep, barely actually got sleep at all and am so tired today.. I don't want this anymore, really not..

If it's affecting you that much love, can you chase up the therapy appointment and make one closer to now? What about going back and explaining this to your Dr?

That sounds like a plan. I've been speaking to my mum too and she said I might should search a new therapist who's able to have appointments closer together and for which we doesn't need to pay ourselves (I don't know the System in UK but in Germany you either pay yourself or your insurance (?) pays it. Hard to explain.) so I'll look into things as soon as possible.
    Had a particular hard day today, my thoughts been playing mad and they're not coming to rest. Seems like there's no escape anymore... my brain is like, either I have to copy my idols to be satisfied or I have to forget what made me happy. Then there's so much jealousy and hate I feel... wondering why I can't start caring less and do what I just WANT. I feel like everything around me is just passing by; school, shows, days, amd regardless of what I do, it doesn't stop and gets worse.
    Only positive thing: I'll have one of my favourite meals today x

Definitely listen to your Mum and try some other options who could help sooner.
    Can you try telling yourself to stop these thoughts?
    What is your favourite meal?