Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

That’s appalling and no therapist should do their job if they think that’s true.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree, what a horrific attitude! Please don't let that put you off though, do try again....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It definitely wasn't nice of him. I will try again though it really is hard. On the other hand, it's not a pleasant feeling either to feel like a constant failure and like I'll never be good enough or as good as others. Sometimes I wish I had someone else's life - or at least would be carefree.

I don't think there's one person on the face of the planet you feels truly carefree.

That's probably true and also something I try to tell myself. It's just hard when every day feels like such a big struggle with no outcome. I tried to follow the advice of writing down things I'm grateful for - and I am grateful for many things - but yet life seems so senseless. Why live a life that has no point at all other than unhappiness? It's just really hard to keep going at the moment. However I appreciate your help so much xx

It becomes a lot easier to see the positives the more you practice, I promise. You can start with the smallest things - I ate some good chocolate, the sun is shining etc
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Exactly. You can do it, but it takes practise. Add into that mindfulness and meditation and the right kind of medication/therapy and things will get better...

Thank you so much, I'll try my best to follow this advice xx
    I hope I will feel halfway decent one day. Really struggled to fall asleep last night, things seemed even more hopeless all of the sudden. I felt like I never will feel any better and really wondered whether I should just give up since it doesn't make sense at all to keep going... I'm sorry.

You don't have to apologise for not feeling great... Have you tried meditation or a bodyscan at night to help with sleeping and refocusing your thoughts?

Thank you xx I haven't tried things like that yet, it sounds like an option though! Do you get stuff like that from a doctor or from a local pharmacy? xx