Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Why do you think that you'll never manage anything?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

When I was your age, I was in a job I hated. I then found a career I did enjoy but it wasn’t until my 30s that I found what I truly loved - and it was only by taking it up as a hobby and then retraining while doing my previous work that I was able to finally set up on my own. I’d wholeheartedly recommend carrying on with your current work while trying out studying or amateur dramatics, or something like that, to figure out if it’s truly right for you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

@Mira: I mean it's true that no one knows whether others are truly happy behind the surface. So sorry to hear that you only see failure at yourself... everyone's got many talents and everyone's an unique person for sure.
    Thank you for your words xx

I think the reason I feel like not being able to manage anything is due to years of bullying and talking myself down. I have no hope for a bright future. I see WHAT I want to do but it's only connected with worry even if I know that I'll regret not pursuing my dreams one day.
    It's always so good to hear people getting where they want later in life, that makes me have some hope. But I still am so doubtful. I always keep thinking: What if I decide to do something and will regret that in the future, because it means missing out other things? xx

Why not start with something little which you can see when you've done well - maybe a jigsaw or something so you can see when you've completed it and done it well because it's definitely done itms?

Mira has made a good point about motivation follows action - however this is easier said than done especially when you are not feeling well.

Are you getting exercise at the moment?

I mean starting with something little is a good point. I like to draw so it's always a good thing to get a picture done or so. The thing is... I feel like I'm running out of time. Obviously I'm really young but I worry that at some point, I won't reach my goals any more because of having a certain age. I wish I hadn't had to think "I need to have done this or that by 25" or "I have to get a partner for life by 30" or "This and that person has done that so I'll have to do that as well, otherwise I'll end up unhappy for life"

I don't get to exercise much st the moment since Germany is in a harsh lockdown, though I usually go rollerskating every day. It definitely are small points but at least something to do xx

Something with a picture though will always be subjective - with something like a puzzle it has a start a middle and an end. A definitive finish and success... itms?

It surely would be worth a try. It's just that I feel no matter how small the success will be, it doesn't bring happiness. I'll always keep thinking that others did better and I failed, that I'll never reach anything no matter how small the goal is and that I can never life a happy life.

That's why you need to start small.
    What about doing the exercise where you have to try to find 3 positives a day? It's really hard, but it really helps. Have you spoken to your Dr or a therapist at all about how you are feeling?

That sounds like a good plan, I'll try it out. As for today, the postives I found is that I spend time with my parents, my cats aren't scared because fireworks are forbidden here, and that I'm healthy.
    I've spoken to my doctor before and have been to a therapist roughly a year ago. He told me that how I feel is just because "every teenager/young adult feels like that because it's in" and that I should be able to help myself since I got no major problems. Sounds cruel but happened.
    Thank you all for your help though, its good to speak freely xx