Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Mira
    What Suzi said below is way better.
    Last edited by Mira; 19-01-21 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    There hasn't been a trigger, sometimes it just hits me out of nowhere. I feel so low and sad, I wish to get my mind off things but can't even focus on something like taking a nice bath or something like that. I feel sort of... heartbroken, like going through a break-up where you miss your other half. With the difference that I'm not going through a break-up. Its difficult to explain actually, it's like desperately wanting to catch a glimpse of the sun but constantly being behind clouds
    But it IS just like that. Going from what you thought you had (with good mental health) to where you are now (with mental ill health). There are differences, things that are easier/harder/better/worse etc but maybe you could try to allow yourself to grieve the life you had planned/imagined and allow yourself space and acceptance that things are different, but that doesn't mean you can't be happy in the future....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I mean it's not like I think there'll never be any good things in life again. But you said it correctly, I AM grieving my old life. It probably will never be the same again but I'm longing to have at least the small things of the "old life" back. It is upsetting to sort of loose this all. One day there surely will be happy moments again but right now it all feels so dark

Walker extraordinaire!
    Grieve away for your old life, it's natural, but hold onto that belief that things can be good again, you know what, they can even be better because you will be changed by your experience in a positive way too. So long as you can hold on to the fact that the sun is still shining behind the clouds, in time your clouds will start to thin and you will see breaks in them and the sun will shine full on your face again
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

SM is right. Things may feel dark right now, but things will get better and brighter love. You can get through this.

You will get some of the ‘old life’ back, it’ll take time and effort but you will get there. But it’s absolutely ok to grieve and it’s ok to shout and scream, if that helps.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

This means so much
    Some days are just harder than others and some are like a Rollercoaster. I feel okay one minute and than really sad the next. Just doing my best to tell myself that it can and will get better again one day and that the therapist I'm seeing will be able to help too.
    Hope you all are well and safe

My psychiatrist did once point out to me that life without MH illness is like that too - a rollercoaster of emotions. It’s just we start at a lower point itms
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    That's what dwd is good at
    Reminding you on the bad days that not every day will be like that. That the sun is still there even when you can't see it. We are here to do that for you because others have done it for us, and you will be able to do it for others someday because you will know it's true....you will see the sun again.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (20-01-21),Paula (19-01-21),Suzi (20-01-21)

Thing is, life is like that for everyone - mh illness or not. No two days are the same emotionally, it's just that the highs and the lows and the speed of change is more noticeable and may be more extreme with mental ill health...