Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

I also totally understand what you mean about your old life. I miss mine, but like Paula I've tried to see the positives in the changes in my circumstances. I actually think I'm a much better person for living through all the experiences I have. I'm so much less judgemental, I'm more patient, I'm able to help my children much better esp with mental health issues. I'm able to help my sis by calling my Mum every day during the week, I too have re found my faith too. I'm in a place I didn't think I'd ever be in, but actually on the whole I'm happier...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (17-01-21)

The beach definitely is lovely! I wish I'd live close by!
    Definitely agree that it takes time to adjust to the "new" life and missing how life was before mental health hit hard. I'm glad you've got to find the positive aspects and outcomes in it too, right now I still struggle to find anything good in life. Obviously I've got my family and pets, a house and not a bad life in general... but my mental health ruins so many things. No pleasure in anything I used to love, no joy anymore.
    I'm glad that you (Paula & Suzi) have found good aspects as well and that you feel happier overall, that's a huge positive! xx
    Hopibg to have a relaxed Sunday evening now and not have too many bad emotions again

Those sound like pretty good things to have in your life! Could you be looking for the "big" things when actually finding joy can be in the small things too - a nice cup of tea or a tasty meal, or a favourite movie........ There are so many things, but you have to work hard in the beginning to find them. It does get easier the more you practise.

Also, hunni, I’ve been battling my MH for 31 years, it takes practice - I was just trying to say that it is possible to see your life differently and to give you hope that you may be able to get there in time
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I mean I do find joy in small things, like a nice meal or the snow makes me happy. But a different sort of happy. It makes me think "That's lovely" but doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy like things used to do. And that really saddens me deeply.

@Paula: so sorry you've been battling with your MH so long and I hope you're feeling at least mildly better now!
    It definitely is a long road to take and with the therapist meeting ahead I hope that one day I'll be able to enjoy things again and be happy.

Felt okay during the week but today's been quite hard again. Went on YouTube and saw some videos of my fave band and I immediately had bad thoughts again and got upset

Are you keeping a mood diary?

Yes I started one around last week

Well done! I know it's hard to keep up with, but definitely do!

What's on your agenda today?

Currently at lunch break Have definitely been better last week but I do my best to focus on what's ahead and that things will hopefully get better mentally. Hope you're doing good xx

Hope you had a good lunch break! Are you at college or work today? Can you build in little treats for yourself each day? Maybe 5 minutes just sitting with a hot chocolate drink or watching an episode of your favourite tv show or listening to a favourite piece of music? Maybe you could use them as rewards for getting through the day?