Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Mira
    Yes its always scary. But there is no time like the present.

I know that in the technical field they are screaming for people. There are other fields that are looking for people as well. No pressure. Just browse around a bit. Talk to other people and see what they do or like. You are still young. And its not like 50 years ago. Here they say a lifetime of learning.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Suzi (10-01-21)

My daughter went into the beauty industry when she left college and thought she’d love it. She didn’t and it ended up making her ill with stress, to the point when she had to leave without another job to go to. She ‘fell’ into her current job just to pay the bills. It’s completely different (sales) and she loves it, she’s really happy there and can’t imagine doing anything else. She also happened to meet her partner there . Sometimes, we have to take a bit of a leap to find what we’re supposed to be doing
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (10-01-21),Suzi (10-01-21)

I actually trained and fully qualified as a primary school teacher, but I only ever worked with secondary age students with various special needs. Then for various reasons I ended up leaving that job and I ended up starting a forum for those for depression
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

That gives me hope, thank you xx I used to say "I'll fight through the last year and then search for something else." which doesn't make much sense. It's just a difficult decision to find something that is enjoyable, job-wise I mean. I will try and keep my eyes open though! Thank you xx

On a more positive note, I contacted both therapists now (via email) and hopefully will receive a response very soon.

Had a good day yesterday actually! Today's a bit harder, too many bad and intrusive thoughts regarding the usual problems, anxiety and stuff. Am trying to not go on social media or Internet too much, apart from this forum (which truly is a lifesaver) or messaging friends xx

Thanks to you all for the encouragement xx

Well done for contacting those therapists lovely, that's a huge positive.
    Don't beat yourself up for having a difficult day, that happens for everyone.

You've got this love.

Just to add to Suzi's point I too trained as a teacher - Secondary Maths and I hated it and was completely unsuited to it.

I now work in an entirely different sector from education and enjoy it. Many of us struggle to find our niche in the world.

Those are really encouraging stories and so appreciated xx It's definitely not easy to find a work That's suitable and enjoyable.

On a positive note again, I've now got an appointment with a therapist on 28. January so that should keep me going for now. Things can hopefully get better as time goes by xx

Brilliant, well done, love
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's great news! Well done lovely!

Thank you xx I was a bit nervous because he called me back but he was lovely... want to write some stuff down because it makes me calmer to have things written down.
    Thanks for the encouragement so far xx