Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

I will try xx Will look for something nice to watch later on. I stumbled across some of my fan merchandise (that I keep in my room in a box) and got really upset about that as well because it reminded me of the good times like 1-1,5 years ago were this was what made me go through the day as well. Now I feel like I'm just living because I couldn't ever leave my parents and make them unhappy forever

Sweetie, I know you’re going to see your therapist but I have to ask, would you consider talking to your doctor, and maybe thinking about medication? Sometimes, it’s worth taking the meds while you’re having therapy to give yourself a bit of support - therapy can be difficult....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree with Paula. It sounds like you're really struggling atm....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I definitely am struggling...
    About the medication, I'm definitely a bit scared about that aspect. I know it does help but I'm scared of taking it actually... to become "addicted" to it, if you know what I mean? I will have a think about it though xx

Mira
    How is your relationship with your parents? If you have a good relationship I am sure that you can not make them unhappy.

And with meds. I noticed that the ones I take give me a headache if I forget them. But they told me that if I am to stop with them we will do so in a good fashion and there is nothing to worry about.

I am also thinking you have troubles with triggers around you. Things that make you think about your past. And this is in no way a solution but it might help a little. Could you give your room a bit of a make over? Make sure its your safe spot. With as little triggers as possible? Remember that you can make new connection with other hobbies etc. You found this place

ADs are not addictive, lovely. When the time comes to stop taking them, there can be some symptoms (headache, nausea etc) but your doctor can help you set up a schedule to slowly reduce them to minimise this. But they are not addictive in the same way as alcohol, cigarettes etc. I know there’s a lot out there against taking them, but I can assure you they can be life changing, in a very, very good way
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

My husband's life was completely changed with medication - after his first breakdown it was with one kind of medication - then more recently with a different one. It can take a little trial and error to find the right one at the right dose to suit you, and they take between 4 and 8 weeks to get into your system at the therapeutic level, but without them things would be very, very different not only for my husband and in turn myself and my children, but for lots of my friends.
    It has to be your decision with your Dr though, but just don't rule them out completely would be my advice..

My relationship with my parents is amazing, I doubt they would ever judge me for anything. The thing is, I find it so hard to keep going at the moment and I know it must upset them too... which isn't what I want. Seeing them upset is horrible.

I'm glad you all have mostly good experiences with meds so far. They surely can help a lot and I wouldn't necessarily rule them out completely. I think I'll just give the therapy session next week a go akd have a think about meds too. Do you think I could ask the therapist for advice on it too just to get some more opinions? xx

Of course you can! It just seems that you're really struggling atm which is only going to make everyday life and therapy harder... Just my point of view though...
    Hunni, of course you don't want to see them upset, but they are your parents and speaking as a parent I can tell you that they'll know there is something wrong, so talking to them is better than them thinking something worse or different is up. Parents worry, it's one of our many superpowers...

I definitely am...
    My parents do know about the struggles and they're fully supportive of me going to therapy. They don't kniw what to do either anymore, my mum says she's so worried about me and it hurts to know that they worry so much