Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Today

Today

Hi there,
    It has been ages since I posted, sorry. For some reason I am struggling today. All these special events rake stuff up..thinking about the past, you know? I have a *great* deal to be thankful for right now and I would NEVER want to be back with my ex. Pen is wonderful, I couldn’t ask for more. Yet today I just feel ugh and inadequate ...I saw the girls this morning which was lovely, they make me so very proud. Life seems to take so much energy sometimes though.....
    This week I had a procedure at the hospital, gynae exploratory and cervix cauterisation (ouch) and I have had a coil put in to sort out heavy periods and spotting. Fingers crossed it will work out for me.
    My course is going well and I am definitely lining up for level 3 in September.
    Thanks for listening xx
    One day at a time ....😃

for the procedure - I had a coil change this week so I can sympathise on that one....
    So glad you saw the girls and enjoyed your time with them.

I can't imagine that anyone else sees you as inadequate. You seem so capable of everything and anything. You are lovely, and you and Pen make a really fabulous couple...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (14-03-21)

Thanks Suzie, I’ve had a lovely, relaxing bath . I’ve written a few things down for my counselling appt tomorrow. I think special occasions, although lovely, stir memories and thoughts up. Just trying to be kind to myself xx
    One day at a time ....😃

You know you can always talk about the memories here if you wanted to?

Thank-you Suzi. I am ok most of the time, it is just accepting that I am not a robot and that different feelings come up sometimes. All I know is that Penny and I are wonderful together and she is so loyal, I am a very lucky lady xx
    One day at a time ....😃

Ok putting your relationship status aside, what’s really going on with you?

You are always welcome to talk about your feelings etc, it's part of what we're here for

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (14-03-21)

Glad to hear from you Arty I'm so pleased you and Penny found each other I'm sure your girls think you are a good mum.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Arty (15-03-21)

Hey, love, how are you this morning?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi Paula,
    I am ok thank-you. I have done some housework and have got my counselling session later on. The session should release stuff that is going around my head lol. After that, we are going out to get some jobs done at Penny’s ex’s place.
    I should be able to get back into my school placement after the Easter holidays, this will remind me that I can do this!!! All this ‘limbo’ time heightens nasty negative thoughts. Like everyone else, I just want to be able to do normal stuff that helps we cope, like my swimming.
    X
    One day at a time ....😃