Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Sweetheart you aren't alone in missing music, shows, theatre etc - but there are so many other things you could do - I crochet, Paula has just taken up Knitting, Jaq knits, StrugglingMum crochets and knits, as does Magie (who does so many crafts all amazingly), Angie makes beaded jewellery and works with resin, Mike has an amazing garden and likes to play computer games, Stella has the most amazing knowledge of Michael Jackson and is a huge music fan! These are just a few of the things that we all do. It might be worth trying something?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (25-01-21)

I hope so... it's so hard to go through the day when all seems so dark.
    I'm not really good at knitting but maybe crafting is a good idea? Earlier that year I did some rock-painting... that was lovely. It's amazing how many of you got such great talents at knitting, crafting etc
    Video games are also lots of fun... I used to play a lot of Animal Crossing xx
    Music had been my passion pre-illness. I was really passionate about 90s music. Unfortunately that's faded away and one of the many things I miss right now as it was a big source of happiness

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly For This Useful Post:

Flo (25-01-21)

Mira
    Those things happen. Its sad. Because of my mental health issues I have stopped so many things. I dont even watch a lot of tv anymore. I dont watch sports. And a lot of my hobbies I dont do anymore. I tend to game a lot.

But its true. There are so many things that might be worth trying. I used to google and find interesting things that way. There are also good websites that can help with so many things. I did take a few language lessons online with a teacher or watch online lessons.

Like Suzi said, its the ilness doing this to you. When you will feel a bit better, it might come back. Or maybe not and you will stay with something new. Its all ok. Because you are ok!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (25-01-21),Flo (25-01-21)

It's the same here. Many of my past interests and hobbies have just been put aside and I'd love to take up on them again. It's really sad.
    Glad you've found some nice new things and language lessons sounds amazing!
    I hope it'll come back because honestly... I do miss it. It's okay to find new things but I really miss the old things too, they've given me so much xx

Rock painting is cool... Round here there is a thing where you paint a rock, put on it where you are from and then hide it in a public area, when someone finds it they tag it on FB and then rehide it so that you can see how far your rock can travel! It's really cool, some of them are stunning!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (25-01-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    The old things will come back, mine are starting to but it's ok to try new stuff in the meantime. Some suggestions- Zentangle, colouring in, yoga, jogging, origami, patchwork, clay modelling. There are loads of things out there. Find one thing that you think, I've always wanted to try that, or that sounds interesting and just go for it. If you dont enjoy it, try something else. Some of the benefits are it passes time, gives your brain something to focus on, creativity is very therapeutic, you can learn new skills which boosts self esteem and you get a sense of achievement. You dont have to be wonderful at them, just enjoy the process.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (25-01-21),Suzi (25-01-21)

Rock painting really sounds amazing! And that's such a lovely idea about hiding the rocks somewhere
    I'm glad to hear that the old things can come back. It does indeed feel a bit like grieving. I'm searching for something else to cause pleasure but sadld my mind doesn't allow me to like something anymore. It'll only find the bad aspects, will try to talk it bad so I'll stop liking it and finding joy in it. It has been like that with old favourites of mine too sadly xx

Go for a walk and find some rocks...

I will try xx

Have you managed to get out for a walk?