Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Sometimes it's better to jump into something different then live with a job you hate!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (15-04-21)

Oh hunni, we all make mistakes - I’ve made some huge, life changing ones in the past, and I’m sure I’ll make more in the future. What shows our mettle, is how we deal with those mistakes going forward, and I have no doubt you can manage anything that’s in your path
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (14-04-21),Butterfly (15-04-21)

Thanks everyone xx
    It's so hard to accept sometimes and I'm just someone who feels the need to plan everything out even years before. It's nerve-wracking and not good, but somehow I feel the need to overthink and plan everything instead of just allowing myself to see what happens

Have you had a look around for any other job vacancies?

I did. There are some offers and some of them sounds good - well, better than the current one for certain. Will be having a closer look on them this weekend now.
    Been feeling okay today. A bit sick (from being so unsettled I think) so will be having a quiet afternoon with watching some tv and treating myself nicely xx

OO what kind of things are you looking at an applying for?

The same kind of job I'm currently training for, just at a different place. The thing is... I'd like do get this done first (it's done next year) so I have some sort of backup of whatever I aspire doing won't work out. I never aspired to work in an office and I likely will never want to actually work there... but a backup in form of a completed Training is better I feel.
    As said before, I'm a massive worrier. I never see the good in something, only the bad. If I want something or do something, my mind automatically thinks of the worst scenarios until I end up giving up my goals and dreams. It's as if my mind purposely forces me to hate everything, think of the worst and constantly conpare myself so everything I like ends up being what makes me sad

Hi Butterfly,
    Google CBT negative thought patterns and I am sure you will recognise these. It isn’t easy to retrain your brain but it can be done, with help from therapy of course. You may find keeping a journal is useful. Write down the thoughts you are having, where possible, and then you can go through them with your therapist.x
    One day at a time ....😃

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (18-04-21)

Arty is right, it is retrainable, and writing things down might help - either as a journal, but also as a mood tracker can help so you can see how things are at an easy glance.

When is your next therapy session?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (18-04-21)

@Arty: I definitely can relate to almost all of them! I'll speak to my therapist about that as well xx I'm already keeping a mood diary where I write my emotions down, usually in the evening when I've gone through literally every emotion. It's definitely helpful because I take it along to therapy too - thank you xx

@Suzi: It definitely does. The mood diary is a good way of knowing how I felt since the latest appointment etc. xx Next session is the end of the month, the 30th to be exact. It's always good to have them on Fridays so I can calm down over the weekend xx