Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Had a horrible day at work. My boss shouted at me like madness, got disrespectful and just talked me down like there's no tomorrow. For no reason. I wish I could quit that as well, it does nothing good to my mental health either. Wanted to go for a walk again to clear my mind but ended up crying

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm sorry you've had such a poor time today. Its horrible having someone shout at you.
    Are you being kind to you tonight? What treat could you give yourself? A hot bath? Cuddles with the cat? A nice meal?
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (28-01-21)

Wow, what were they shouting at you?

I'm sorry it's been a rubbish day.. I agree with SM that it's even more important to be kind to yourself....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'll try and be kind to myself today, cuddling with the cats sounds nice.
    He's been shouting a lot of disrespect things, ignoring I'm still learning and stuff. He could've said it far more friendly but this is on the edge. I really wish I didn't need to go there tomorrow or ever again

Oh dear! You don't deserve to be shouted at. Maybe you could think of looking for another job. But like SM and Suzi said try and do something nice that makes you happy..a nice lazy bath sounds good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (28-01-21)

Mira
    Your boss sounds terrible and should not treat people like that ever. And what I will say now sounds easy I know but you can not change his behaviour. The only thing that can be influenced is how you react to it. So doing something nice for you is best right now. And try to remember its not you. Its him. You are doing your best. Thats what counts.

It all sounds so easy I know. These things are hard for me as well. But remembering this helps me every now and then.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (28-01-21),Flo (28-01-21)

Is he always like that or has today been a "blip"? Is there any chance of changing departments or something?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (28-01-21),Flo (28-01-21)

I will definitely search for something new. I mean it's not a dream job in generel for me... and with that boss it only makes things worse.
    Sadly no one can change his behaviour which is really sad but unfortunately true. I will do my best to keep that in mind... and unfortunately, he always is like this. He's quite nasty in general, shouts at the tiniest errors - when, funnily enough, I haven't even made an error today and instead did all the tasks he requested.
    Will definitely search for something new..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly For This Useful Post:

Flo (28-01-21)

Sounds like a thoroughly miserable person to be around.

Hope today is better for you....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (28-01-21)

Oh love, I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with this , how are you today?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (28-01-21)