Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

You can do this. What about going for a walk this evening? See if your Mum wants to go with you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Didn't managed to go out for a walk. Felt too low to do that. Today's one of these days where my mind can't come to a rest, it's constantly circling around so many unwanted thoughts. I feel terrible and just want this to end. I feel like I can't take this much longer.. even if seeing a Therapist

The thing is, it's day likes this that you have to push even harder to do the things that could be positive for you. Maybe try to spend some time with your Mum?

It's just so hard, my mind doesn't come to rest and even if I try to distract myself with a walk or a nice movie or something like baking etc. I can't even finish it or pay attention because my head is so full of unwanted thoughts. It hurts to know that my mum doesn't even know what to do and sometimes I just act as if I'm okay to make her happier because I don't want to upset her

There’s a website https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/ge.../time-talk-day that gives hints and guidance for people who have a loved one with MH issues. Perhaps your mum would like to take a look?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (06-03-21)

I agree with Paula...have a look at the website, it's very good and it will give her an understanding of what's going on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (06-03-21)

To be honest someone who has no experience of MH illness will understand, but given the chance they can empathise...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (06-03-21)

I can definitely show her or tell her about it. The thing is.. I think she understands and wants to help but she says it can be so unpredictable and sometimes thw thoughts I have seem to be so overwhelming that she's got no idea how to make them ease. I just hate to feel like this, like I can't breathe freely.
    My mind is on constant battles with feeling like I'll nevee be happy again if I don't follow what others did. It's such nonsense and deep down I know it but my brain can't stop. It's like it's cursed and like an addiction to copy my idols as a purpose to feel better - because if I don't, I'll be unable to ever enjoy them again, as they did better and are obviously happier due to what they've managed to do.
    My brain is a messy place these days

Can you talk to her about things that help bring you back to the present - things like the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 exercise or some breathing exercises etc? Maybe you could put together a pack with some different things in there to try?
    How are you seeing what these celebrities are up to? Is it obsessively checking on social media? Could you try unfollowing them all and giving yourself a bit of a detox? Or only allowing yourself 10 mins to see what they are doing?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (06-03-21)

Yeah I've told her about the breathing exercises. They've really helped me to calm down and relax, it's calming to listen to stuff like this too. That sounds like a good idea, so ylu mean like a 'feel good' pack? xx
    I wouldn't say it's obsessively checking, it's rather my mind trying to tell me that they're happier and have done better at many things. A detox sounds good and I'm attempting to come off them a bit, but the thoughts are still there and it just eats me up because it feels so unnecessary.