Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast

Thread: Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'll mainly be reading or doing stuff with the kids. I only get chance to study on a night when they're here. And J has noticed how it's affected me so he'll make sure I rest. Doesn't help that J got his dad to be here for the kids while we got my prescription and he came across with 4 big bags of chocolate for easter. One for me and J, one for T, one for A and one full to the brim with boxes of mini easter eggs for a egg hunt for the kids. The kids aren't here on Sunday and they haven't actually rang us and checked that we didn't have plans or asked what we've done for them. It feels like whatever we do for the kids, they'll undermine us by going over the top. So we're not doing an egg hunt and sticking with what we planned, which is chick trail round the village and a long walk so A can see the lambs. Sod them.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Could it just be that they were trying to help?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

They sent over 91 portions of chocolate for the children. How is that helping?

Wow, that's more than I was imagining! That's enough for the whole village - or the whole school when I went to a village primary school and with some left over for all the staff!

Good grief....l
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I think T may have added up wrong. There's 85 portions. Between 2 children. And that's after we've told them T is massively overweight for his age, and that's after we've checked height and weight on the NHS site. Above the 98 percentile...

I remember when ours were really little we were still using Easter chocolate in baking etc months later.... It was ridiculous!
    That's a lot of chocolate...

That's the plan. Coming on top of my med mess up I haven't got the patience to deal with any of it

Walker extraordinaire!
    You could package some of it up and get the kids to leave a small parcel of chocolate on each of the neighbours doorsteps with a little Happy Easter note. Elderly neighbours especially would live it and it helps the kids share
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-04-21)

My mum used to buy an entire box of eggs off the pop man. I’ll have been a big chocolate lover, and a box of 12 Easter eggs of various sizes for just one child was mental. I’d invite friend over to help me eat it all. A school friend once.bought me a big bar of dairy milk as a gift and she got upset cos I hadn’t eaten it straight away. It took me 9 months to eat it.