Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Nobody likes to feel vulnerable, we all feel exposed when opening up cos these are the things which can potentially hurt up the most. The fact you’ve shared this shows you trust us and takes a lot of courage.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (16-12-20)

Mira
    Thanks so much for sharing this. I do know that when I read your threads and you reply with I'm ok. I think we all know you are not. But I dont want to say that because I am worried thats not good.

But a lot of what you wrote I can relate to. And its not easy sharing this. Thank you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (16-12-20)

You're incredibly honest love and it takes a lot to write a post like that. If I'm being honest, I hide behind the "I'm ok" thing myself, but in my case it's because it's easier! I should take a leaf out of your book. You've made me think now. You're one amazing woman so never forget that. Lots of love coming your way. Sending lots of love your way.xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (16-12-20)

Oh!.....I duplicated!! Silly bitch that I am...but you get the drift!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I generally hate showing my vulnerability but I thought it might help explain why I can be difficult
    It's not "being difficult" at all.... If you were being "difficult" then you'd be doing it because you could or because you want to make things harder for people. I don't see that as it at all. This is learnt behaviour and the course of action which has been the safest for you to adopt in the past. Now, you "just" have to unlearn it to relearn that we love and care for you and we genuinely want to know how you are, not just "I'm fine" and if I have said something to upset you I'd always rather know. Sometimes I just need things spelled out to me a bit more.... Does that make sense?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (16-12-20),Stella180 (16-12-20)

^^^ Yes! This. I’d much rather know cos is there is some kind of misunderstanding is can be sorted out. When we are struggling we don’t always see things the way they are.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (16-12-20)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It does make sense
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Quick, someone tell Marc that I said something that made sense! Document the time and the date!

How are you doing?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    My instinct is to say I'm ok but the truth is I'm doing everything I can to avoid my assignment. I've changed and washed our bedding, hoovered right through, cleaned Toby's litter tray and I've run out of jobs so uni work it is!

We're delivering presents over the next few days, J's friend tomorrow who has a new baby so both dreading and looking forward to that. I'm worried about her feeling sorry for me, even though I know she won't as she gets it. She needed IVF for her little girl and it's her that advises J on how to best support me. Then dropping birthday and Christmas presents off for my sister and nieces, and my brother and his fiancee on Friday. Trying to get it sorted before the children break off
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Are you not enjoying this assignment then?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.