Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

You sounded cheerful on the phone message...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I don’t even remember calling you lol

Oh yeah I did call you. That was pre beer. Apparently beer erases your pre beer memory too lol

lol
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

So today I did a thing. Not only did I do a thing but I did it spontaneously and I want to share it with you all.

I was randomly browsing Facebook last night and came across a walking football group. It was late at night and thought I’d message for details. This morning I got a reply saying they train on a Tuesday morning. So at 9am I throw myself in the shower, drive over to sports direct for some lightweight track pants and went to training. I didn’t know anyone and I hadn’t been to the sports centre in years and it was scary. When picking teams I was last to be picked. Being the newbie fat bird nobody wanted me

I made it through the first match and halfway through the second before my hip decided enough was enough but it doesn’t matter. I turned up, I had a go and I enjoyed it. Next week I will be going back and hopefully last a bit longer. I love football and not played in many many years and never thought I would again but I was wrong. Really really proud of myself for taking the plunge and just going for it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (09-11-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Well done that is huge. Super proud of you.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Another one here who is soooo proud of you!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Wow! That's quite something! It was spontaneous and you didn't second guess yourself. You should be damn proud of yourself... I am!
    Yes, go again next week....you'll meet people and make friends. It'll be a great confidence booster. Tbh, I don't think that I could have done something like that.

It’s not something I do normally but if I hadn’t gone this morning and I’d given myself time to think about it by next week I would’ve talked myself out of it. I’ve had post exercise knackered, mood boost back to knackered again. All the people who say exercise makes you feel better, yeah for a short period but it doesn’t last at least it never has for me. After recovery I feel good for 30-60 mins and then it slips again. Is this just a me thing? Back when I was doing martial arts it was the same.

You’re overthinking it, love. Even an hour is an hour you wouldn’t have had, necessarily. You’ve got an opportunity to do something positive and which has masses of self care points, so just do it….
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (10-11-21),Strugglingmum (09-11-21)