Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Not saying I’m a but slow on the uptake but all these years of being on this planet and doing Sober for October for the past 8 yrs and I’ve only just realised that October is the longest month of the year. Not only does it have 31 days but due to the clocks going back it also has an extra hour. So after 5 weekends, 31 days, and 744 hrs I still have another hour to go! Well 55 mins, not that I’m counting lol

It's a great thing you've done! Well done love!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (01-11-21)

Well done you! You now deserve a well earned pint! You always commit 100% to Sober October and I have so much respect for you.

Thanks Flo, I’ll take that coming from the forums reining champion on abstinence of alcohol. A month really shouldn’t be a big deal when I went 18 yrs without a drink but it’s the social stuff that is the hardest. I don’t have to tell you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (01-11-21)

Eighteen years without the Amber Nectar is quite something! But I know only too well what it's like to not drink at social events..."Why not?"......"Just have one then..?"....."...What?.....you don't drink at all?!!"......"Why?"......"Surely one won't hurt!"..... "What part of I don't want one don't you understand?!"

Oh yes. That’s definitely the hard part.

I can sympathise. H doesn't drink at all. She is the only one of her friends who doesn't drink. She recently had one drink - a very low alcohol cider, but didn't enjoy it.... We've never made it taboo, they are allowed to drink if they want - we've always said we'd rather they drank here rather than on street corners or in the park.... However, she always has to defend that she doesn't want to drink.
    That's one of the things she liked about Southampton uni - they said it's actually quite normal to have groups of friends who don't drink!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m sat watching one of my all time favourite movies (I blame you Suzi), An American Werewolf in London. This year being the 40th anniversary of the film there was supposed to be cinema screenings this year but I’ve not seen anything around here which in disappointing. I was a small child when it was originally released so it would’ve been amazing to get the chance to see it on the big screen.

Oops. Monday night football. Started a bit early. Second beer in, 5 mins into the game and I’m wasted already not my greatest hour.