Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    So, you’re hoping for babies?
    Noooooo, no breeding. They are solitary creatures so kept in separate enclosures. They can be cannibalistic.

That is True. First spiderling will eat next. Alot of work trying to protect them from each other.
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

I’m new to the invertebrate world and the idea of looking after dozens of baby spiders is not appealing to ill be giving that a miss.

I had alot of work with a batch of spiderlings. I don't know what it is called in english, but I had avicularia Metallica momma, and used a soft paint brush to swipe babies in separated film roll cans. Never again. They were around the size of small ant, and I managed to separated 47 of them. Never ever evvverrr again.

Definitely nothing I want anything to do with!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Gutted. Delivery has been delayed til tomorrow cos they have to work late. Oh well. It’s only one more day.

Sorry she isn't with you yet....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Ohhh bummer! Well. One more day. I am possibly almost as excited as you are. Second Best thing in this world, right after having a new pet, is waiting for someone else to get a new pet. I am really happy for you, and can't wait for you to get your new baby!

I’ll PM the pics the breeder sent me.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Sissy (14-06-21),Suzi (14-06-21)

So this morning I thought it would be a good idea to crop down the nature reserve aka the front garden. I’ve got the strummer out but I need to invest in a new rake. I bought a plastic one before but it’s useless. A mate is coming round tomorrow to “have a look” at the back garden and see if he wants to tackle it.