Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Got the guys coming to sort out the rails and stuff today. I'm not sure what time they are coming. I'm sure I was told but I've just forgotten. I don't know if the OT is coming too or not so a lot of uncertainty around today which means really anxious.

I can understand that love. Can you pace and do things to help soothe the anxiety as much as possible?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

he's been and gone. All done and not to my personal standards but when can I do. Off to hide in my bedroom and sulk for the rest of the day.

In what way is it not up to your standards?

The one in the bathroom isn’t level and the rail on the stairs is higher than the other

Oh Well can you ask the OT to look at it and get it sorted?

It’s just me being picky. A mate helped me pick up a new chair this afternoon and dug out some raisers they had in the shed and put those under the sofa for me. OMG it makes a huge difference. They aren’t perfectly suited but they do the job for now.

Things like that do make a massive difference. Hopefully by having some of these things it'll help make things easier....

Great news for once! DWP called today and have conceded that theywere wrong and to avoid going to court they are "willing to reinstate my previous award" for the next 5 yrs. This is back dated to Jan so I am feeling incredibly relieved right now and glad this is sorted and a lot sooner than I expected. Looking forward to getting my car back on the road.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.