Page 67 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

I think I've found a way of cutting Talia's medication costs. At the moment I'm paying between £18-£21 per month depending on with supplier the vet gets stock from. The vets have left me hanging this month and the same last month so I started looking into alternatives cos I'm sick on calling a week in advance to order them and stick going without cos it is taking so long for them to get back to me. If I get a prescription I can order online but the vet wants to charge me £12 to email it too me so I've asked if I can have a longer term than a month. If they can do a quarterly script, even with their charges and delivery costs I can save 50%. Right now that is a huge defference and having 3 month supply at a time means I don't have to worry about going through the nightmare of re-ordering each month and being let down.Hopefully I should hear back later today.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-04-21)

That would be great!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You’d think so wouldn’t you. I’m now out of medication for her, and they won’t issue the script without her being booked in for a consult first. She needs the meds in her system before bloods can be taken to check the dose is correct and she can’t be seen until Thursday. I’m getting pretty peed off with this vet right now. This is proving so much harder that it needs to be. If they had sorted this out last week like they should’ve everything would be fine.

IS it worth looking around for a different vet? Do you have a pdsa or similar vet near you?

I’m definitely with Suzi, find someone else....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Unfortunately not around here. Its only the last couple of months it's gotten bad. I've just had to dash out to pick up a weeks worth of meds so there was enough to cover her until I could book her in. Managed to get an appointment for Thursday evening so only a couple of days to wait. Hopefully, after the bloods come back I’ll get a prescription for at least 3 months. Might as well get her nails clipped too while I’m there.

Can you ask for local recommendations?

I know who the best vet in the area is but it’s not so easy to access cos they are the other side of the city.

There has to be a different one which is accessible to you?

Ok hear we go. Talia has had her nail clipped and I have her quarterly worm and flea treatment. The vet tried to charge me £158 for blood tests. Needless to say the second word was off. After a bit of a "discussion" about the matter it was the receptionist who checked the details and confirmed the tests that were needed were included in the health plan I have in place. Comes to something when the person answering the phone knows more that the dude with the PhD. So bloods taken and awaiting results, should hear back tomorrow and then a 6 month prescription will be emailled to me ready to order the meds. I've worked out that the cost of the meds via the vet would be approx. £120 for 6 months. Going direct to the supplier, £43.20 with free delivery. It's a no brainer really.

And now for the best news of all. I had the little monster weighed. Last time she was weighed was back in the summer and she was 16.5kgs. the ideal weight for her breed is between 11.5 and 15kgs. Todays weigh in *drumroll please*... 14.5kgs!!! The vet was happy with her weight, and muscle tone and other than her thyroid she is a healthy pup and looking good for her age. I am so chuffed for her. She's definitely earned herself a cheeky treat tonight. She's worn herself out with all the nervous energy at the vets and is currently snoring on her bed. So proud of my beautiful little snuggle pup.