Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Not great. 17 years ago today my first child entered the world. I’d give anything to be able to celebrate his birthday with him.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I wish there was something I could do or say to make it easier for you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m getting lots of Talia cuddles which is about as good as it gets right now.

Thinking of you. Glad you have Talia x

Had a couple of calls this morning. One from the county council to confirm that the request for financial support for my care has been confirmed and it looks like I won’t be required to make any contributions towards it due to my low income.

The other was from the OT who is coming round next week to look at any help I might need around the house. I’m going to see if I can contact the cleaners and get them back in from next week.

These are all positive things but I’m struggling to feel good about it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Flo (24-03-21)

That is good news, love, but totally understand why it doesn’t feel like it today
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Those are great bits of news - which care support are you going to have? Cleaners and gardener?

I too can understand why it doesn't feel it today...

There have been a lot of tears today. The hurt. The anger. The despair. Robert has a choice. If he wants to see me he can but he doesn’t. I don’t know his reasons but so far he’s chosen to stay away, to not contact me. He and I were so incredibly close when he was small, almost like we thought with the same mind and loved with the same heart. I couldn’t love him more if I tried. I wouldn’t say he was my favourite cos I love my boys equally but the bond between us was so strong. I understand he’s in an impossible position but I wish he would reach out. A text, a phone call, anything. I don’t wanna think about the possibility that he doesn’t want me in his life. That he’d rather not have a relationship with me. I already know what Martin thinks of me thanks to his Grandfather’s influence, to think Robert feels the same way I have to ask myself what’s the point in going on?

I know it has to be impossible, but hunni you don't know why he hasn't made those choices, there could be a million reasons why. Try not to judge....