Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Its the way of the world though isn’t it? People use social media as a weapon, to attack and bully people they’ve never met over things they know nothing about and think it is their right to be able to stick their nose into someone else’s business and that their opinion trumps all others. The internet was a great invention allowing us to connect the world over, to meet live minded people and make new friends we might never have known before but instead of being a i great tool of knowledge and positive connections it is increasingly becoming a much darker place and turning otherwise good people into monsters.

Some people are just hideous and think it's fine to sit behind the keyboard and type wtf you want with no consequences....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I agree, but I choose to protect myself by not going down those rabbit holes. Probably cowardly but I just can’t deal with it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The problem with your strategy Paula, which may well work for you, is my whole life is literally online. My support structure is online, my social interaction is online. I don’t have people in the real world, especially now, to interact with. If I started shutting myself off from the ASD groups, local news, etc. I’d be limiting myself even further. Everybody here, with the exception of Mike, has family and loved ones for company throughout lockdown but when you have no one it’s so much harder. I’m just grateful to have Talia but it’s not the same as having human company ever if it is via a keyboard and screen.

You're right, it is very different if you are living alone...

Fair point
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I’m having pain in my hand today, just before the wrist, thumb and index finger area, possibly arthritis affecting my trapezoid joint. It especially sucks as it is my right hand. It’s only a small niggle but so frustrating cos it affects everything I do from sending a text to opening a screw top lid/packet of crisps or squeezing a ketchup bottle. Think I’ll apply some Ibugel and have an early night with my headphones on and enjoy some tunes. That at least won’t hurt.

You're really quiet atm. I know it's a horrible time full of anniversaries, but you know we're here for you I hope...

I know you are but I’m ok. Well, maybe not great but there’s not really much to say about it. My relationship with my family has always been a bit...complicated I guess is the best way to put it, but I still loved them and miss them.