Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

What can you do which will be positive for you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I just received a letter from the hospital regarding the “Psychological Skills Course” they told me about back in June/July of last year. They have finally sorted the online platform. A YouTube channel. Yep, after an 8 month wait I get to watch a Youtube video at home. Alone. No support. An absolute waste of bloody time.

So this afternoon will involve watching the first video when I’m not watching the snooker.

Oh no, I hope it’s better than you think it’s going to be....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I can’t imagine it possibly being any worse. I contacted them a few weeks ago stating I’d not heard anything and didn’t even get a callback and now I get this. I’m still awaiting counselling, this is supposed to be a stop gap while on the waiting list but after having to wait 8 months for a link to a Youtube channel I’m really bloody annoyed.

I'd be annoyed too. Can you contact them and see what else is going on that you can have?

Oops. My alarm just went off for my bedtime meds and I realised I’ve not had dinner yet. 2 apples and a few biscuits is all I’ve had today

Oh hunni...

How are you today?

Upset. A 9 year old boy died on Thursday under “suspicious circumstances” as was reported in the local newspaper. A man and woman have been arrested, him for murder and her for neglect, presumably the mother and her partner however that wasn’t confirmed. Anyway, that wasn’t what upset me. It was the hideous comments that have been left on the mother’s FB page. How they didn’t “breach Facebook policy” I do not know but they were left for this woman’s friends and family and the world to see. Still nobody knows the full facts but people think it’s perfectly ok to write these awful things and Facebook have done nothing about it. So much for their algorithms. I crack a joke with the word b!tch in it and get a 30 day ban but someone making death threats is perfectly acceptable. I am really really beginning to hate social media and what it does to people.

I quite agree!

Perhaps it would help you if you unfollowed all those groups and pages that are going to trigger you? I rarely actually read the comments on my local newspapers page as I know I’m going to be upset by what is said. Just a thought to maybe reduce your risk of being triggered?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.