Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

OK then let's keep it simple... Keep talking. Is this because you aren't able to go out or is it something different?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Can you simplify tasks to make it less likely there’s a problem? Just while your mind is full of more important things? Eg, rather than boiling potatoes, can you do jackets in the microwave? Then, if you’re distracted, the microwave will stop anyway so you can’t overlook things?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

After leaving the soup I heated in the microwave the other day, even that’s not a guaranteed solution. It’s not just cooking. I’m almost scared to do anything cos I keep messing everything up. I do the washing up and the moment I Chuck the water away and find more stuff somewhere else that I’d forgotten about. Same with the laundry, missing stuff out of the wash or putting stuff in the dryer that I shouldn’t have done. I’m trying to keep my head above water but I’m struggling.

I do those things all the time too... Sweetheart can you do something to help calm your mind a bit? Mindfulness? Meditation? T'ai Chi?

I just feel so useless. 45 yrs old and still unable to look after myself as well I need too. It’s frustrating because I know I am capable of doing these things properly. As individual tasks they are not difficult. I’m not stupid so why do I make a pigs ear of everything? Why do I make so many silly avoidable mistakes? I hate that I’m unraveling the the harder I try to stop myself completely falling apart the worse it gets and the bigger failure I become and the more I hate myself. I end up shutting down and not doing anything which is harmful in itself cos there is no one around to pick up the slack.

But these things are all understandable, forgivable and, much as you won’t believe me, they don’t matter. What matters much, much, much more is that you stop beating yourself up over the little things. So, you left soup in the microwave. The world did not fall apart. You didn’t wash up every mug. You’ve got other mugs, I’m sure! The only thing that worries me is that you are being so mean to yourself because of the small stuff.....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Paula's right. You're going to struggle until at least one area of the things you are waiting for becomes resolved - be it the MR, you getting the vaccine and able to go out a bit more, the situation with the boys..... Etc... Maybe you need to learn to be kinder to you whilst at least something gets sorted...

But until I go to appeal regarding PiP cos let’s be honest, MR is simply a stalling tactic on their part cos they won’t change their minds voluntarily, I can’t get the cleaners in or the car back on the road. I’m scared that I’ll lose that battle. I’m scared I won’t get to see my kids again. So many things are in the hands of complete strangers and I can’t do anything now to make a difference other then in my own home, looking after myself and I’m not doing a great job of that. All I wanna do is sleep and even that eludes me on occasion. I spend most of my days either in bed or lay on the sofa staring at my phone or the tv and I don’t even want to do anything else. Well I do but I don’t feel able to itms. I’m totally fed up with this life. I’m sick of having to fight for every little thing. I’ve had enough. I want it to be over.

And trying to do anything with all of that going round and round in your head is f*cking hard.

Can you try to build in doing things - what about things like your paracord makes or cards? Something that can help you focus on one thing at a time?

I’m making a pigs ear of everything just because my living room is all messed up. I’m not dealing with anything like you are - Be. Kind. To. You!