Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

I think that everyone deserves a treat now and again...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Pizza sides and a drink plus a Belgian bun for a tenner. I’m stuffed now and loads left over. I’ve run out of soft drinks so opened a beer that’s been sat in my fridge for a couple of weeks and really not enjoyed it so back to plain water. Gonna watch the rest of the England game and then go upstairs to bed. Not feeling so great today and a bit guilty about the take away. My sister grabbed me some stuff while she was out and didn’t charge me for it which was very kind of her. I need to borrow her car to give blood on Tuesday. I probably shouldn’t really but it’s been a while since I last donated.

Scrub that. Called about my donation and I’ve been told I can’t donate and someone will be in touch in April. I was kinda looking forward to escaping the house for an hour and free tea and biscuits. Need to stop being so honest cos every time I get rejected.

Spending the evening lay on the bed in the dark, headphones on and soul classics coming through loud and clear. Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye to name a few artists.

Sorry you can't donate love.. There's a reason why you can't - you need to be honest love, it's to keep you safe.

Sounds like an epic playlist.

It’s a great playlist to chill. Might have to share a few tracks with you all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (06-02-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Sounds amazing to chill to
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I know how it feels, the first time I was told I couldn’t donate was hard. But Suzi’s right, whatever the reason it’s for your benefit. And at least you didn’t turn up there to be turned away....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That’s happened before. I admitted that me mood hadn’t been good and they refused to let me give blood because apparently donating can cause a drop in mood and if you’re not good mental to start they won’t take the risk. I’ve been stopped due to med changes too. It’s pretty frustrating especially when I have “special” blood that is needed for neonatal wards.

My mum has that special blood too, and she’s been turned away too. But she knows she’s done everything she can to donate when she can. And so have you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've never been able to give blood as mine. When I asked my last GP I got this as a reply: "so special I'm not sure how it's keeping you alive, I'd certainly not want to risk it in anyone else" .....

How are you today love?