Page 29 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

When I first read this I was feeling incredibly anxious to the point where my chest was tight but I was stood in a long queue in Home Bargains. I’m home and settled now, even though the cleaner has rearranged my living room again! I picked up a “cone of chips” and saveloy. The portion size again was ridiculous. Why do they give you so much food? I mean I’m all for value for money but not when it becomes wasteful.

Oh and yesterday I learned that the English language is being adapted yet again. What do you call someone who doesn’t eat animal products? Vegan right? Someone who doesn’t eat meat? Vegetarian. Someone who occasionally eats meat? A flexitarian! Why do we need a new word for the regular diet of a human being? Humans are omnivores. We eat plants and meat. We don’t need a new word to describe it but we’ve got one anyway. Another buzzword to make people feel special.

Ok rant over. My back is a little sore today so gonna veg out on the sofa and reduce my blood pressure which spikes any time I go near social media lol. So many idiots in this world and I really don’t need to be connected to them.

Flexitarian has been around for a while, but yes I agree it's omnivore if you eat/use both.

Hope you can rest your back love, back pain sucks...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It’s a word that has only just come to my attention and I wish I could rewind 24hrs because my life was so much better before I heard it.

Oh love! Why is it upsetting you so much?

I was kidding.

Lol... Sorry love...

Morning. How are you today?

My MIL says she’s a pescatarian, having been vegetarian for years. I was sure she was making the term up but apparently not...
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Ahh a fish eater.

I’m waiting for lazy pooch to wake up. I’ve been enjoying cuddles all morning while listening to random tunes. Back is still a bit dodgy. It’s like a dull ache right at the base of my spine and more annoying than painful.

Sorry that your back is still bad love... Can you be kind and gentle to you?

Also, thank you the dressings arrived this morning.

Cool. They are a but strange cos they kinda cling on rather that the adhesive used on regular dressings so hopefully more genital for your skin. Think of it as a free trial. If it works great, if not you’ve lost nothing.

Might have to find the power lead for my massage chair and use that today.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (13-01-21)