Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Oh love, the thing is no-one knows for sure either way, apart from those who were there. I'm sorry that you feel crappy again love....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It just really annoys me that people are so happy to on my parade. I absolutely adore MJ, his music, his dancing, everything and some people just have to be negative and nasty about it and don’t realise that actually it is quite hurtful. I would love to be able to have a regular conversation about my favourite music artist of all time without someone wading i with the paedo comments.

Mira
    This is something we see happen more and more these days. When a public figure is being incriminated the public is more then happy to destroy someones career without even looking into it if its true or not. This is something we see happen all the time now. And then what puzzles me is why we do it to some and not to others?

It seems that today more and more people feel that if they have an opinion its the truth and everything else has no right to be. I can actually get real worked up about this

You are spot on there mate. Don’t even get me started on “cancel culture”. We all seem to think it’s ok to say horrible things especially online, just cos all they see is a screen they forget it’s a real person on the other end reading the hateful stuff they write. I’m thinking about ditching social media again for a while. It’s supposed to bring people closer together but instead it’s tearing us all apart.

I didn’t sleep well last night and I fell asleep on the sofa this afternoon but woke up with a stinking headache. After the farce in the post office this morning as well it’s not been a great start to the week.

What happened in the post office?

Has your headache lifted?

How do I explain it? The local post office counter is inside a costcutter store. Only 4 ppl allowed inside to queue for the post office so I stood outside in a queue for about 30mins in the cold. When it was my turn to go it I said I needed an envelope but the stationary was costcutter stuff so had to pay for this separately. I then joined the queue again to be told I had to get to the back so 2 ppl behind me in the queue were served before me. When it was my turn the post mistress was moaning about the costcutter staff letting more customers in and that cos of covid it should be 4 ppl in the whole shop not just the PO. It’s a good sized store and can easily have more and still remain at a safe distance. She was moaning about a woman who brought her 2 young children into the shop and that it was against the rules then said due to my exemption I must be terrified of what was going on around me. I pointed out that everything was fine apart from having to stand outside in the cold for so long only to be pushed back in the queue to pay for a bloody envelope meaning I was exposed for longer than I needed to be and that was on her not anyone else. Didn’t get an apology but it did shut her up at least.

Oh love! I'm sorry! What a complete pita! Thank you for going through that for me. xx

It annoyed me that she was moaning about everyone else and yet she was the biggest problem. How is a single mum supposed to leave two small children alone? The costcutter staff were perfectly right to allow their own customers in and were also helping to organise her customers too. I hate the attitude of some people during this pandemic. So quick to judge others but do nothing to try and improve situations.

Dealing with her is nothing compared to all you do for me and everyone else here. I just hope it will be of use to you. Better than just sitting in my house doing nothing. I wish I’d thought about it earlier.

How are you today lovely?