Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Oh there have been pears and grapes on the menu and a load of chocolate which I didn’t enjoy cos I’m not really a chocoholic. That’s about it.

Pears and grapes are great, but full of natural sugar. Add that to chocolate and it's going to be a crappy time for your blood sugar. You need to start looking after you please? Can you start with the small things? Have you got up and got dressed? Even changed into clean pjs? Shower? Been out to the garden with Talia?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

No no no and no I have attempted to make a couple of paracord items but my head isn’t right and I can’t get it right, at least not to my own high standards.

It’s the little man’s birthday tomorrow. I wanted to make him a card but I sit down and my mind goes blank. Total lack of creativity. Something else to feel bad about cos it’s his 13th and I wanted to make it special and he likes my handmade stuff, at least he used to.

Sweetheart, you’re putting too much expectation on yourself. It’s not the end of the world if he gets a shop bought card, particularly if it is less stressful for you. And the paracord stuff can wait. What is much more important is that you eat more healthily, get clean and dressed and get into the garden for some fresh air. YOU are far more important than a card.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (08-12-20)

Paula is totally right.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It my baby boys birthday. If not bought him much as it is and don’t even know if he’ll like what I’ve got. The least I can do is make the effort to make him a card. This is his time not mine.

I’ve ordered a takeaway and had a shower so tomorrow just need to deliver the presents.
    Last edited by Stella180; 07-12-20 at 10:17 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Flo (08-12-20)

Mira
    As we do in the Netherlands, we congratulate everyone. So happy birthday with your boy .

And its both your time. Yes its his birthday but you are also important. And later when he looks back on this will he remember if he got a made card? Maybe?

My mum did everything she could for her children. And more. The best moments in my opinion where when she did something for herself. Your son would never want his mum to break or crack under pressure she gave herself. He never would.

Mira I hear what you’re saying but I am no the kinda mother you have. I have let my boys down so many times, made so many mistakes, a just wanna get something right for once in my life.

Mira
    You may not be the mother I have, but there are a lot of things I can see in you that are also my mothers. My mother would fight to the death for us. I have no doubt you would too. So many of your thoughts are for your children. You would give them the shirt of your back. Everything would be for them. Thats what you and my mum share.

You should not look at this in black and white. My father had 40 years to reach out to me. He was free to do so. He never did. That I can see in black and white. he is a @#$@#%.

You are not. Its been a rough ride I understand. But when I think of you and compare it to my parents. I see way more of my mum in you then my dad. And you may not believe it. But that is my truth.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Flo (08-12-20),Jaquaia (07-12-20),Paula (08-12-20),Suzi (08-12-20)

How are you this morning?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.