Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Is the humidifier worth getting?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I struggle with a dry mouth and me being me I’ve just put up with it for ages but it’s taking its toll now especially on my gums so it was recommended I give it a try. I’ll let you know how I get on with it after tonight.

Yeah, that’s my biggest issue - ami dries my mouth, so thank you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Absolutely fuming!!!

Just received an email from the company I was advised to send my phone to for repair. The insurance claim I made on 3rd December when I was warned that repairs may take up to 20 days, I expected to get my phone back by Christmas or at least before the new year. I’ve now been told that the repair can only be carried out by Apple (we knew this right from the start) and the repairer isn’t Apple authoritied so is waiting for them to send a pack to forward the phone and carry out the repair. However, the repair centre who currently have my phone closes for Christmas on Friday and as the pack is unlikely to arrive before then they won’t be able to send it off until they reopen...on 11th Jan!!! It’s taken two weeks already to send it to some one who isn’t even authorised to fix it. Then a further 3 weeks until the handset is sent to and authorised repair centre, and a potentially a further 20 days for the repair to be carried out. The phone is then sent back the the guy who emailed me today who will them send it back to me so I’m looking at getting it back sometime in February.

I have just gone ballistic at the insurers, (Insure My Gadget for those who want to avoid them which I strongly recommend) who have blamed COVID, 2nd lockdown, the postal service, and even The phone but still will not accept that their service is poor. I pointed out that the reason I took insurance on my phone what is for peace of mind and and instead one pad is nothing but stress.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Katie lay and cuddled me today throughout my psychology appointment, when I cried she just cuddled all the harder
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (16-12-20)

Stella - what are you going to do? Is it just a have to wait thing or can you get it sorted elsewhere?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You’ll love this. I have3 options.

1. Wait til February
    2. Have the phone sent back to me and then go to the post office and send it off again to a different third party repairer, who still isn’t Apple authorised but is open over the Christmas period, and get them to send it to Apple for repair.
    3. Have the phone sent back to me, and take it to my nearest Apple store, approximately 30 miles away, pay £197 for the repair, and send the invoice to the insurance company for reimbursement which will take 5-10 days from date of receipt.

Bare in mind that I have already paid a £50 excess, and when you add on the cost of fuel to drop off and pick up the phone plus my time it defeats the object of having insurance in the first place so I’m going for the second option but I feel like I’ve been proper stitched up and still won’t get the phone back til well after New Year.

Just another day in the life of me. One more thing that should be simple yet I still have to fight for, and you wonder why I am so sick of this life?

Oh, and in other news, I’ve bought a smaller unit for my living room so need to clear out the old one and transfer stuff to the new one ready for the old one to be chucked out and my sister wants me to go out with her tomorrow. She said she’ll call to let me know what time, which means either she will forget to call or expect me to be ready with about 10 mins notice.

I know it's frustrating about your phone, and some insurers can be totally annoying and rubbish, but at least you are going to get it done..
    What's the unit?
    It's good that you're going out with your sister...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Is it worth calling your sister this morning rather than waiting for her to call?

Morning? My sister doesn’t do mornings lol