Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

I have had a lovely day out today. It’s taken a little while to pluck up the courage and due to a lack of sleep aswell as the heat I wasn’t exactly in the best condition to go walking through woodland but it was nice to get out for a drive and a change of scenery. I went to Ross on Wye and Symonds Yat Rock to take in the amazing views of the Wye Valley and had a look at King Arthur’s cave and the lovely nature reserves. Saw the remains of an old medieval cottage. I only covered a couple of miles but the terrain was a bit challenging and I think I probably over did it because I’m aching pretty bad right now but it was worth it for the stunning scenery. Exercising in nature is supposed to be good for your mental health right? Somebody remind my body of that please lol

That sounds like a great way to spend a day! So pleased you had a lovely time.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yeah it was great but I’m really feeling it now. Everything hurts.

Maybe something to do again but building it up slower? Hot bath, radox and some paracetamol

I’ve just been out and invested in some new camping gear. I have a 4 man tent and double air beds in the shed but it’s not been used in years plus it’s hard work putting up a big tent on your own so I popped to the range and bought a pop up 2 man tent and a new sleeping bag ready to just hop it the car and go out for a day and if I don’t want to go home I can pitch up and wait til the morning.

Hunni, if you do do this, please, please will you tell one of us where you are staying?….
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Is this for planned overnights stays? Will you promise to let us know where you are and that you stay in a proper campsite?

Oh yeah of course it would be booking into a camp site, or dossing in a friends garden lol I was awake after 3 am looking at sites around the country that I could visit and picked out a couple of sites in Wiltshire and Weymouth so I can have a couple of nights away with the dog and visit the beach. £12 to pitch a tent per night. Absolute bargain.

Sounds like fun!

So latest update. I have an interview for the commonwealth games volunteering on Monday which means a day in the second city which is not something I’m looking forward to at all.

I recently lost one of my spoods to a bad moult so I’ve been a bit on edge this week with one of my little girlies in premoult and another following her. This morning I got up and checked on them all and spritzed the enclosures and it looks like the Soroa has had a successful moult. Hard to tell cos she still in her hammock but I have seen movement and her exoskeleton is completely separate so I’m reasonably comfortable saying all is well. I had no idea being a spidey mommy was so stressful but these little things are so delicate and extremely vulnerable, especially when they moult.