Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Flo, I have reminders. I have an app that tells me what meds to take, when time to take them and when to reorder. Unfortunately it is only as good as the information I put into it and if I don’t have my phone on silent which I do most of the time lately.

Oh well then!....naughty Stella!

Having a mare of a time this evening. My sister came round to get her wipers a day late. I can't believe that nobody could do it for her in the household. It's so simple when I showed her she just laughed. I've been trying to print of documents and emails relating to my PiP appeal and the printer is acting up again so the time has come to put the new printer into action. Set up hasn't been short or plain sailing but it's now done and I'm having to start again with the printing. My desk is a complete mess and I don't know if I'm coming or going. For some reason I can't access my med files cos the password isn't being accepted.Hopefully I can contact the surgery in the morning and get it sorted.why is nothing ever simple?

Mira
    What strikes me is that you use the expression: its so simple when I showed her she just laughed and then later: Why is nothing simple?

Seems like you did all you could and that is so good. I want to compliment that. The fact that you need to phone because the password is not being accepted is beyond your control and you did the rest. You did good!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (27-01-21),Suzi (28-01-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    To be honest I find nothing simple when it comes to car stuff, I can put petrol in and screen wash.... the rest I just dont get.
    Yet put me in a hospital ward and tell me to set up drips, monitors, lines etc and no bother and I'll wonder why the drs find it so difficult.
    Each to our own strengths.
    Frustrating about the password but it cant be helped, it's not your fault. Hope you get it sorted in the morning
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (28-01-21)

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    What strikes me is that you use the expression: its so simple when I showed her she just laughed and then later: Why is nothing simple?
    Because the windscreen wiper was her problem which I had to fix. When it’s something I need to do for myself it’s completely different and it’s always harder than it needs to be and that pretty much sums up my life.

Everything related to ourselves is harder. I can write PIP forms for other people, yet when it comes to mine I struggle and have to get Marc to help...

Maybe she could do it, but wanted an excuse to come and see you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You did brilliantly yesterday. The password is an annoyance but can be dealt with. Have you rung the doctors yet this morning?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yep but gotta call back in a minute cos the person to help isn't in until 10am. I'll give her a chance to take her coat off, grab a cuppa and let her PC boot up.

Have you heard anything about it yet?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!