Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

Yesterday was just an epic disappointment and over all shit show. My feelings about doing stuff for others are a bit of an issue for me. It’s long and complicated.

I managed to make it out to darts tonight but I doubt I’ll get a game. It’s a tough opponent and top of the table clash. I’ve lost the last two games so best I sit out and give someone else a go. The team is more important than the individual. So far the score is 1-1 and we’re a leg up in the 3rd game.

Yesterday may not have gone as it was planned to do so, but you are totally overlooking all the positives! You got up and negotiated your way there, you sat and waited, you went and stayed for your interview and so many other things!

Play if you want to love, talk to your team!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Nah I’m happy to sit out and just watch the game. The opposition are way above my level of play. If I were at my best I’m be happy to take on the challenge but I’m a long way off that and wouldn’t win a screw things up for the team.

Fair enough x

I need to post a bit of positivity cos I really don’t feel very positive at all so here goes.

Today is the final day of my sober challenge. I’m actually really looking forward to this month being over. So far I’ve raised £130 for Macmillan’s which is better than I expected after a pretty slow start. While I was misting the spoods today I had two nice surprises. Firstly I got to see Zara for the first time in weeks as she had been hiding in her hammock. Managed to snap a pic of her before she went back into hiding again. The other surprise was my unnamed Evergrade has had her second moult with me and is looking good. Her exoskeleton was almost completely intact so my phone was used as a microscope to take a close look at it. It’s fascinating and I kept her previous moult too and it’s cool to see how she has grown so quickly. I decided to name the 3 spood I got at the invert show after characters from Buffy the Vampire slayer but never got round to deciding which ones so with today being Halloween I have made a decision, they will now be known as:

Willow (Everglades)
    Darla (Comatus)
    Faith (Soroa)

Another pair of new trainers arrived yesterday and they are rather comfy. They are red Skechers and I don’t think I’ve ever owned red shoes before. Maybe as a kid. I have a temptation to click my heels 3 times repeating “there’s no place like home lol. I’ve got a blue pair of Nike Air coming in a couple of days too. When I went to get a physio assessment on my hip he said that the shoes I was wearing were too flat and exaggerating the problem and suggested some comfortable footwear with a slight raised heel. I bid or a few pairs on eBay but expect to get them at the prices I bid. I got a white pair of Skechers for £18 (rrp £70), the red ones for £25 (rrp £64), and the Nike for £20. The white ones had been worn once the others were brand new so basically got 3 pairs for the price of one.

I’ve also finally started my Christmas shopping. I’m normally done by now but this year I’ve found it hard to get started but now I’ve got a couple of small gifts sorted.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Allalone (31-10-21),Jaquaia (31-10-21),Paula (31-10-21),Suzi (31-10-21)

Awesome post!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Such a great post! Well done love!

I wasn't given a choice of colour with shoes/trainers when I was growing up. I once seen a red pair of trainers in a shop window when I was about 9/10. I told my granda about them and he was going to get me them as a bday present but when birth mother found out she told him that I’d never wear them and get her a pair of black ones instead.
    I now have 3 pairs of red trainers!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (31-10-21)

Mine are usually black or white. Nice to have a bit of selection. I’ve just ended up with a pair of slip on Skechers too. I bit on a load of pairs expected to miss out on most. Oops.