Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking through life.

Mira

Walking through life.

I was thinking and I thought its ok to come out of the private sections every now and then. So I am starting a thread here. Talking about whats on my mind and how I am doing.

Just finished tea and it was a struggle. So to be nice for myself I am in the bathtub now. (no pictures haha). My body is aching.

I keep thinking about all the hobbies I liked and still like but can't be bothered to do them. The list is endless.

Reading, writing, poetry, caligraphy, learning swedish,learning. Sports etc etc.

When I think of all these things they gave me joy and I feel would still give joy. But I truly can not be bothered. And the perfectionisme is something that comes to play as well. And the putting myself down. Its a viscious circle.

Can you change the focus of one of them a bit? Read magazines rather than books? Non fiction v fiction?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The more you describe how you feel the more I find myself nodding my head cos I completely understand. You are like the male version of me.

I can understand where you are coming from about not being bothered to do activities when feeling low and you are spot on in that it is a vicious circle.

One thing I read about overcoming this is to try and act against your depression and do the things anyway. This is far easier said than done.

Another thing I have found helpful is to think that the positive action creates motivation rather than the other way around. I hope some of this is helpful.

Mira
    That does sound like a good idea Paula, I will pick up some magazines later. There are some fun history ones I like.

And Stella, that makes us similar but still extremely unique and awesome

Hi Knowle, I consider every reply helpful even if they do not help if you know what I mean. Talking together can always give new insights and views so its all helpful. I do get what you are saying. Sadly I have a few disorders where the depressive one is part of. I think we have counted 4 so far. And they mixed together can make things difficult.

I love all the things I have written down. But if I think about doing one of them now I feel nothing. No joy or excitement but also no dislike or resentment. There is just nothing if that makes sense?

What about instead of reading, you listen to the audiobooks? That could be an easier way in?
    It makes sense to me love.

BTW I love that you've come out of the private sections. You're really awesome to me.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (07-12-20),Strugglingmum (06-12-20)

Mira
    Audiobooks sounds great as well. I could even listen to them while I am gaming.

And gaming is what got me feeling down right now. That group I left because I started getting feelings for one member, I am still in contact with a few members. And since I can not find another fun group I am still playing solo. We do sometimes do things together. But they are all playing in the group. So that makes me feel even more left out. I wish I could handle all of this better..

Well you aren't being left out here love. A lot of what you write is very inspirational to others so don't forget that one! You're a clever guy too. It's hard to concentrate on any one thing when you're having a 'blip'. Keep it simple. I guess if you can think of nothing to write down then maybe you're sort of giving your brain a bit of a break and maybe that's not such a bad thing. You sound a little more upbeat than you have been.

I'm sorry you're feeling left out on your game, but I don't know an easy fix to that one as you struggle to be in the group with that lady....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    Thanks Flo, the gaming has got me down a bit. But other then that my mood went from terrible to bland. And that is an improvement. I also don't want to write everything I am thinking and feeling in this thread because I would like to have a thread for once with no trigger warning (if possible)

So it is a bit better yes.

I did notice I had the dates for therapy wrong. No therapy today. So I am going to cycle to my mum for tea (we eat warm in the afternoon when I am home) and then I don't know what to do.