Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Mira
    I came here to say the same SM. I agree with that so much.

A lot of us are going through these periode of our lives alone. And there is no need for that. And you are reaching out instead of closing up. Be proud of that. You are going o. You are trying your best. And in sharing it with others you are showing everyone that we need to go on. We are not alone. There are so many that struggle.

Thank you for that Knowle.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Knowle (01-12-20),Paula (01-12-20)

It's great that you are using the tools around you to help with how you are feeling. That shows great strength.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Knowle (01-12-20)

I have had a difficult day today - not feeling well at all and I am feeling very low. The end of my current sick note is really weighing on my mind - I do not know how I can make the decision about returning to work and it is really worrying me hugely.

I just feel very hopeless and worthless today. I am still feeling fatigued from my Venlafaxine too.

Hey, why didn't you come on earlier and talk to us? There's normally someone around.....

Mira
    Thats terrible. We all have days like that and like Suzi said. There is almost always someone around if you feel like talking. And I can relate to your worries about work. A lot of us can I think. Like you said it in your post there is something I would like to ask. Is the decision to go back to work also in your hands?

And are you trying something to relax or distract at the moment?

Talk to your doctor. If I was a betting person I’d imagine they’ll want a couple more weeks on this new dose to see how it’s going before you go back. What I’m trying to say is it’s not a decision you should be making alone..,,
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Hi, thanks for all of your kind replies as always. I have been out for a walk and the exercise has made me feel a bit brighter. I was feeling low that I felt like going to the train tracks to end my life but I decided against walking down there as I felt it was pointless as I knew I would not go through with it.

With regards to work I need to discuss it with my GP on Monday - I have a telephone consultation with her in the morning. I am signed off until then. Going back to work for 3 weeks from late September to mid October and then breaking down completely has really knocked my confidence.

I am now on day 10 of the Venlafaxine 225 mg and have now been on this antidepressant for over 8 weeks.

I feel hopeless with regards to ever meeting a potential partner - the thought of trying online dating is terrifying and I just don't think anyone would ever want me. My dream would be to meet the right person and get married and this seems inaccessible.

I am doing simple things like reading, surfing the internet and watching TV to keep distracted.

I’m far from an expert in matters of the heart, my relationship history reads like a Stephen King novel, but I think you need to shelve your expectations of settling down and marriage and just focus on meeting someone, or several someones, and enjoy the company and getting to know them better. Have some fun and enjoy date nights without the pressure of finding your future wife.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Knowle (02-12-20)

Mira
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowle View Post
    I feel hopeless with regards to ever meeting a potential partner - the thought of trying online dating is terrifying and I just don't think anyone would ever want me. My dream would be to meet the right person and get married and this seems inaccessible.
    Does this mean that you have had experiences with women telling you this? Or does that mean you think that's what they must think? Because there is a huge difference. If you look around you I am sure you will see the most interesting, funny, weird, eccentric and amazing couples. As if every combination is possible. And it is possible. So why do you think no one would be able to love you. Just from knowing you like to go for walks. There is someone else out there that loves to walk too.

I agree with Stella, you are thinking about the end goal without going on the journey. I am a romantic. And think of what you are not thinking about. Walking with a lovely girl and holding hands. Sharing a first kiss. I could go on and on.

All i am trying to say is that the way you are here its shows me you are one of the good guys. Give yourself a chance and don't beat yourself up before you even begin.

You are so much more then that.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Knowle (02-12-20),Paula (02-12-20)

Hunni, stop for a second. Meds tend to take up to 8 weeks to get into your system. Then each dosage takes the same amount of time..... So what you are beginning to feel is the initial dose itms? So you won't feel the full effect of the higher dose for 8 weeks after your dose change...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Knowle (02-12-20)