Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Thinking of you and your lovely Mum today. Anniversaries suck... Also Happy birthday to your Mum today!

He sounds like a great guy. Sounds like you've done a bit of moving around in your time!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thanks Suzi. Feeling very low today and struggling to get out of bed.

That's understandable love, but get up and go and have a hug and a cuppa with your Mum.

My Mum does not want hugs - she does not feel it is safe at the moment.

I have managed to get up and have breakfast with a cuppa as well as take my first dosage of Venlafaxine.

Have signed up to Disney Plus again today to watch The Simpsons which had cheered me up. Doing the Fab 5 has also lifted my spirits.

Fair enough, maybe a birthday and supportive elbow bump?
    Well done on getting up and doing things that will help you. That's great steps forward.

My Mum would hate me to wish her any kind of happy birthday - she cannot bear to celebrate her birthday or even acknowledge it. In fact I have memories of her mother insisting on sending her a birthday card every year even though it really upset her (my grandmother had no tact).

Just want this day to be over.

That's really sad for your Mum - and for you. It's hard that you can't celebrate her special day..

Do you do anything special to remember your Dad today?

Just an idea but is there any reason you can’t acknowledge and appreciate your mum being there for you and your brother after the loss of your father. You can reminisce about his, and thank her at the same time. After 27 yrs I thing your mum and you should look at the strength and support she has shown cos raising two boys alone after such a huge loss is pretty special.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Knowle (12-02-21),Suzi (12-02-21)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Just an idea but is there any reason you can’t acknowledge and appreciate your mum being there for you and your brother after the loss of your father. You can reminisce about his, and thank her at the same time. After 27 yrs I thing your mum and you should look at the strength and support she has shown cos raising two boys alone after such a huge loss is pretty special.
    You are right and she is an incredibly strong woman - this is something we talked about today.

She did not even have any family support as my Mum was an only child and my Dad's sister was tragically killed in a road accident as a teenager. Her mother was anything but supportive so it makes it all the more special and incredible.

We have had a good talk about my Dad and watched a film together - Judy (I could barely concentrate on it though).

I don't think it matters whether you could concentrate on it - it's more about the time you spend together. She is so strong.