Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Why do you feel embarrassed that your line manager wanted to help?
    You have loads to live for. Why not try joining in with our fab 5's so you can help to see some of the positives?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Why are you embarrassed about work? You are not the first and definitely won’t be the last to need this kind of support from their bosses, in fact I think it’s brilliant that they are being so supportive - that level of understanding has been a long time coming.

Hunni, I know how it feels like eternity waiting for the meds to do their job but please, please hold on. The right meds can change your life - and venlafaxine is fantastic for so many people (inc me). In the meantime, be kind to you. We’ve got a self care section http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....p?64-Self-care which will give you great tips on how to look after yourself.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (27-11-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Knowle View Post
    I am also so scared of botching an attempt and leaving myself permanently disabled.
    I know this one all too well. Feeling suicidal isn’t always about wanting to die. It’s not wanting to live the life you have and not wanting to make it worse for you and the people you care abour. The number of times I’ve felt like stepping off a kerb onto a busy street but I know with my luck I’d survive but end up in a wheel chair for life of something.

Thanks as always for all of your lovely responses - I have had a better day. My mood is still quite low but not as bad as yesterday and certainly much better than a few weeks ago.

I have 10 days before I am due back at work so will have to determine then whether I am fit to return or whether the Venlafaxine needs increasing further.

Just done my Fab 5 which I found uplifting.

That’s really good to hear!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That is really positive that you are getting involved in the Fab 5s so soon. I know when I first started here it was really hard to see any positives but was helped to see that getting out of bed, or taking a shower or cooking a meal were actually huge positives when you are feeling incredibly low. As time when by I eventually learned to see more positives in my week. Sometimes getting out of bed every day it the biggest achievement any one person can make when it feels like there is no way forward. It gets easier I promise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (27-11-20)

Well done for joining in with the fab 5's and it's great to see you're joining in and posting.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    I know this might not be easy all the time. But try not to think of work to much. This time it yours. And for the next ten days. And all the days after it you are most important. I am sure you have heard this before but its so true.

If you are doing good everything around you is going better too.

This is a great communitie. And eventhough at times it seems we are all sad everybody loves positive feelings and good things in life. So be proud that you posted in the fab 5.

Try to get as much smiles as possible. Even if its just a little one.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (28-11-20),Suzi (28-11-20)

Thanks again for your lovely messages - you are a truly wonderful group of people who are so caring.

Yes the next 9 days are entirely for me to try and get myself well and hopefully return to work on 7th December - this will probably be on reduced hours initially.

Today has been a bit up and down - I have been out for a walk which has helped somewhat. I am on day 6 of my increased dosage of the Venlafaxine at 225 mg and on Monday I will have been on it for 8 weeks in total. I definitely feel this is the right one for me but we may have to increase the dosage further. I generally take it with my breakfast and it makes me feel tired and of sorts afterwards - I am hoping this passes soon.

I hope everyone is okay today?

I’m on 375 mg and I take mine in split doses - at breakfast and at lunch.if the side effects continue and bother you, it might be worth talking to your doctor about whether they think that might help you. Of course, changes should never be done without a doctors supervision