Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm sorry you didn't get out today but there is always tomorrow.
    Well done on cooking and looking after yourself.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Knowle (08-12-20)

Coke isn't always the best option, but if it's only now and again that's OK.
    Sorry you didn't get out today, but today is another day lovely..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I do drink far too much Coke - 2 cans a day of the full sugar one. It is a favourite of mine going back to my childhood. This something I do need to address.

I will definitely be going out for some fresh air today.

Years ago, my CPN tipped my coke down the sink, she was that convinced it was bad for my MH
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Having a Coke does temporarily give me a bit of a boost but in the long run the damage does outweigh the short-term benefits hugely.

I will be very glad to see the back of 2020 and hope for a much better 2021.

You aren't the first member we've had who drinks too much coke. I don't know what's in it, but I know that brand name coke has something in it that has a huge impact on people. I know, for example, that when I've hit that exhaustion wall I can have brand name diet coke it can be enough to enable me to get home.... I also know that original coke was developed as an industrial cleaning agent lol
    Have you tried things like generic cola rather than the original coke?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    I drink around 2 liters of diet coke per day. I know its not good. But I do want to say that you should not try to change to much at once. Thats difficult for everyone and it would be a shame if you felt down because of it.

I used to drink a huge amount every day - 5 cans a day at work and there were a lot of jokes about my Coke habit at work! My weight ballooned and I still obese now which is something I am determined to tackle once I am feeling better from my depression.

I did knock it on the head in the summer of 2018 - admittedly I started drinking diet 7 up instead and I will sort it again.

The thing that was troubling me yesterday has been sorted to some extent - it is no longer chewing me up inside.

I had a trucker friend a while back who had a caffeine addiction due to drinking coke. He was necking back 2x2ltr bottles a day on average while on the road in the cab.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm glad you are feeling more settled about things today.

I used to drink a lot of diet coke but have cut it way back. I now maybe only drink coke zero about once a week, and I have to be in the mood for it.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.