Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

I don't know where you work or what your job entails, but the others are right. Start small... But definitely talk honestly to the Dr. If you have been having thoughts of suicide about going to the Dr, then you certainly don't seem ready to me...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thanks for all of your responses as always. I do not want to go into details about where I specifically work or what my job entails but I do not normally find it stressful. I will need to discuss with my doctor but I feel the decision is with me.

I do go out every day for walks and to the supermarket or sometimes to get a takeaway for a treat.

I have felt a little better after getting up and having my breakfast, taking my Venlafaxine and I have just had a little snooze. I will be going out for a walk later and also to pick up some Xmas presents for my Mum ordered from Amazon.

It's fine, there's no pressure. We've had some members who have worked in retail and so one of the things they try to do is to "pop in" to say hello to colleagues. Didn't know if that was an option for you?
    It sounds like you're really trying to do all the things you can to help yourself. That's brilliant.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Knowle (06-12-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    It's fine, there's no pressure. We've had some members who have worked in retail and so one of the things they try to do is to "pop in" to say hello to colleagues. Didn't know if that was an option for you?
    It sounds like you're really trying to do all the things you can to help yourself. That's brilliant.
    It is not really an option as I live quite a way from my usual office - I don't think I would do it even if it was feasible though.

I am pleased to say I am feeling a bit brighter than earlier - going for a walk has really helped me. I am going to get myself an early night tonight. The Samaritans are really helping me as well as this challenging time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Knowle For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-12-20)

It's great you are using the tools available to you.

I am pleased to say I am feeling brighter this morning - I took a Diazepam last night to help me sleep and getting a good night's sleep has really helped me. My suicidal thoughts and feelings are much reduced now.

The low mood is still there but to a lesser extent - almost like a pain which has been numbed and taken the worst edge off it.

I am just about to head out into Nottingham city centre on the bus to do some shopping and get a takeaway for my lunch.

I am going to write down my thoughts about speaking to the GP tomorrow morning so I can have a good discussion and see whether I can return back to work tomorrow.

That’s a fantastic post!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Knowle (07-12-20)

I'm so proud of you! Well done!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Knowle (07-12-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Well done. Sleep really is a huge thing for mental health.
    Remember you dont have to go back till you are ready
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Knowle (07-12-20)

I have had a much more positive day today - managed to go into Nottingham and get my shopping and have a nice lunch out.

A few weeks ago when I made the same trip I was so fatigued that I had to go straight to bed when I got home whereas I have not felt anything like that today.

One quote I love is from the wonderful book The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse: “We have such a long way to go,” sighed the boy. “Yes, but look how far we’ve come,” said the Horse which I feel is particularly relevant to my journey.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Knowle For This Useful Post:

Paula (07-12-20)