Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas gift ideas.

Christmas gift ideas.

Iím really struggling to know what to buy family for Christmas. Iím a tight bugger who gets a kick out of picking up bargains. Any suggestions much appreciated, especially for my boys aged 13 and 16.
    If you wanna make the world a better place take a look and yourself and make that change - MJ

Sorry, I donít do bargains - I just canít
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hahaha
    If you wanna make the world a better place take a look and yourself and make that change - MJ

What about a collection of things like a DVD of your fav movie when you were their age, your favourite CD, your favourite book? So you can share something really personal with them?

Clothes? Or vouchers to certain shops?
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

I like that idea Suzi. I’m not sure this year is the right time for that. Or it the perfect time it? I don’t know. At the moment the boys are getting Game vouchers and toiletries. Totally in imaginative. I was considering getting the youngest a sensory box but beyond that I’m stuck.

You said you don't know what they like so maybe share something positive from you to them so they get an extra insight into you... You could write them a personalised message too? I've done that in the past for nieces and nephews...
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

I’m all for the personal message. Definitely. I’ll have a think if I can put something together. Like a time capsule kinda thing. With a note explaining the relevance of each item. Good idea.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (22-11-20)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Have you got a tesco clubcard? they have offers for clubcard holders, somethings down to half price,
    If you canít fly, then run, if you canít run, then walk, if you canít walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (22-11-20)

What a lovely idea of Suzi's Stella! There'll be such a strong connection just between the three of you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Suzi (22-11-20)

Stella if you're not too sure where to start, you can get books online that you just fill in details. You can describe how your childhood was, how you felt when you knew you were expecting them, that sort of thing.