Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: They think it’s all over...

Oh dear god, I grew up in a house where my Dad and little bro were huge football fans.... I learnt to switch off very quickly!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It doesn’t matter what the sport is I can get caught up in the tension and drama of the competition. I will watch literally anything including, climbing, bowls, curling, and tractor pulling. If it’s competitive, I’ll watch it.

Wow.... That's impressive....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m not a huge fan of horse racing but I’ll watch the National and not big on golf but I do watch it occasionally.

Mira
    I just heard the news that Maradonna past away today.

I know! 60 yrs old. The guy was a genius on the ball and definitely Argentina’s greatest ever player. It’s a shame he will be remembered by many for the negative stuff, like that handball in ‘86, and the cocaine addiction. He was a flawed man but an incredible footballer. I was only saying to Jaq earlier that recently we’ve last WC winner Nobby Stiles, goalkeeping legend Ray Clemence and now Diego Maradona. I just hope the big man upstairs in only putting a five a side team together.

Well well well. Interesting weekend of football. Man Utd 2-0 down at half-time against Southampton and somehow managed to win 3-2. Tottenham held Chelsea to a draw and Arsenal lost 2-1 to Wolves in a game that saw Raul Jiminez taken to hospital with a fractured skull after a clash of heads with Sideshow Bob, I mean David Luis. With no fans in the stadium the sound as they collided echoed. It was so bad sky sports wouldn’t replay the incident.

Other than that I didn’t really watch anything else. Missed all the rugby, F1, and darts.

England have won the Autumn Nations Cup beating France in suggesting death. I’ve now turned over and watching Gaelic Football. I have absolutely no idea what it going on. Are there rules to this game? How does the scoring work? What’s with the pitch marking? Any help appreciated.

Time for a bit of F1 and 22 yr old Brit, driving for Mercedes as a Lewis Hamilton replacement (COVID) is doing a great job out front in a car he’s not used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    England have won the Autumn Nations Cup beating France in suggesting death. I’ve now turned over and watching Gaelic Football. I have absolutely no idea what it going on. Are there rules to this game? How does the scoring work? What’s with the pitch marking? Any help appreciated.
    If the ball goes over the bar that team gets one point, if it goes in the net they get 3 points. 15 a side, up to 3 substitutes. A yellow card for a foul, red card if you get 2 yellows, and a black card is 10 minutes out of the game. You are allowed to take 3 steps while carrying the ball and you may not pick the ball up off the pitch with your hands, your foot must rise the ball. I think that's most of it.