Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: They think it’s all over...

Ahhh cool cheers Magie.

Now don't ask me about the game of hurling. That's very complicated and fast paced.

Currently say watching the darts. Not many sports where to can see a 66 year old veteran on the sport still competing on the big stage of the World Championships. Paul Lim, the man who hit the first ever perfect 9 dart leg at a World Championship in 1990 is 2 sets to 1 down against Luke Humphries. Great to see the old man still throwing some good darts.

O.M.G!!! Paul Lim has come from 2 sets to nil down to win 3-2!!!

To give you an idea what a huge deal this is Lim is the only player to have performed in a world Championship match in 5 decades!!! His opponent Luke wasn’t even born when he hit his epic 9 darter. 25 years he has taken part in the World Championships. That is just incredible. 66 yrs old and still winning games at the highest level is just amazing. I may have given a small (loud) cheer when the winning double was hit.

Next on is James Wade, a player who has been very open about his mental health who has bipolar and ADHD. Needless to say competing at the top end of the sport and the pressures involved with mental illness is quite impressive and I respect his honesty about his struggles.

So glad you enjoyed it!!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It’s been an absolutely crazy couple of days of football. Man Utd turn over Southampton (who went down to 9 men) 9-0 with 8 different scorers, Brighton beat Liverpool 1-0 after doing the same to Spurs just a few days earlier. Arsenal got 2 men sent off and lose to Wolves. Tottenham face Chelsea tonight and got everything crossed that we put on a good show tonight as I’ve been getting a bit of stick off a Chelsea fan recently so it would be good to silence him if we win tonight.

Saturday sees the introduction of concussion substitutes, a bit change to the game and a sensible one for player safety but how is the new rule going to work? In recent years we’ve seen the introduction of goal line technology, VAR, and the controversial new handball rule (which is even more confusing that the previous rule), covid has kept the fans away and cup comps have allowed extra subs and done away with Extra time and now another change added to the mix. I expect teething problems.

Oh and this weekend marks the start of the Six Nations. England the reigning champions will be taking on Scotland for the Calcutta Cup with Warriors Ollie Lawrence making the starting lineup. Kinda excited with plenty of sport going on at the moment.

Thanks for the rundown! You might have to be our sorts correspondent
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I would if I thought for one minute you actually had any interest in sport at all lmao

Mira
    Wait, is Suzi not into sports?

I know, it’s shocking Mira. Who knew? Lol