Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: They think it’s all over...

Walker extraordinaire!
    Well I never thought I would have anything to say on this thread but I watched a football match tonight
    .... first in years that didnt involve my son playing. I actually enjoyed it.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (12-07-21)

Ok. I’m absolutely gutted and was watching the shootout from behind a blanket. I could go with “well it’s further than we ever get before” but that means nothing. I will however say that Italy may have their name on the cup but in 2 hrs of football they failed to beat us! The match has to be decided somehow and it’s cruel that someone has to miss out after such a battle but I’m proud of the effort our boys put in and respect to each and every one of them. World Cup next year. Bring it on!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (12-07-21)

I think our boys played cleaner and fairer and were an absolute credit to us. The fans throwing bottles then storming Wembley and having to be physically removed or the ones in Leicester square - an absolute disgrace.

I was gutted we didn't get to bring it home. I've actually really enjoyed watching the tournament.

I think it's beyond contempt that the 3 boys who missed the penalties have had death threats, threats of other violence etc.. At the end of the day it's a game.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (12-07-21)

I’ve seen some disgusting comments about them, mostly racist abuse

Exactly, it's disgusting.

Today I’ve been feeling quite upset. I’m upset that instead of talking about how our boys gave their all on the pitch last night we are talking about the the racist yobs who think it’s perfectly ok to racially abuse and make death threats to our players. I want to see changes. I wanna see the racists removed from the stands, I want laws tightened over online bullying. This is a hate crime and these offenders need the book throwing at them. For too long people have been hiding behind a screen and attacking people online. I don’t care how much you’ve had to drink. I don’t care how much money you bet on the outcome of the match. Those things we’re your own choices and abusing others cos you didn’t get your own way is never right. England have had a great tournament and we should be talking about the young talent we have and how well they have conducted themselves throughout the competition. We should be feeling good about our prospects in next years World Cup but no. Instead the yobs have yet again ruined it for the rest of us. They are an embarrassment to themselves, to the sport, and to the country. Enough is enough. Hunt these hate spreading assholes down and prosecute every single one of them. I am ashamed as a football fan and we need stamp out the hate, abuse and bullying.

I can't agree strongly enough with you.

The boys did so well.

Well well well. PL opening weekend is now over and a couple of surprises and a ton of goals, 34 in 10 games. I won’t bore you with all the details but let’s just say it started with a shock defeat for Arsenal at Brentford and ended with the current league champions losing to Spurs. From my point of view that’s the thing of dream lol.

Spurs won? Blimey!

It’s been a while since I’ve added anything here so….

Today we have Manchester United taking on Liverpool at Old Trafford. Traditionally a huge game with pretty of rivalry. My money is on a Liverpool win but I with Utd at home I’m sure they will have a different outcome in mind.